Any tips?

Options
I'm wanting to get a good HRM. I don't know where to start, though. I walk with my friend every night and I know we are walking at least 2 miles at a fast pace. I work out as well and would like to have a good HRM to help me figure stuff out. Any suggestion on good ones at reasonable prices :)
Thank you.

Replies

• jagilmore
    jagilmore Posts: 21
    Options
    I got a watch HRM at walmart for $40.00. I really like it! It's digital and has a whole bunch of different settings. can't remember the brand but it was recommended by a friend in the AF who is the director of her squadron PT. Hope that helps!
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar F4...it cost about $100, but I really like it. It has a watch as a monitor and then a chest strap. I thought the chest strap would bother me, but it really doesn't.
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F4 also and I love it. Tells you how many cal you burned so there is no guessing!
  • happyplace
    happyplace Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Polar F4 here also. I love mine and would recommend spending the money for a good one. I think mine was on sale for around $80 when I got it. I felt a little guilty because I don't typically spend that much on something for myself...but definately worth it and glad I did! :smile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I got a pro-form precision XT on Buy.com for really cheap. You need to make sure you buy one that has a watch AND a chest strap or it's pointless. The one I got is really nice. It's helped me out A LOT!

http://www.buy.com/prod/pro-form-precision-trainer-xt-heart-rate-monitor-with-chest-strap/q/loc/66357/211107597.html