Michelle Bridges "Losing the Last 5 Kilos"

Options
This is my first post in these forums (or any kind of forum really!). I am currently on Day 10 of Michelle Bridges "Losing the Last 5 Kilos" program. Is anyone else following this program? I decided to start it because I was sick of having an "average" body - I want a hot one!

The book is good for telling you exactly what to eat, with recipes for each meal. It has an exercise program, which goes Mon - Cardio, Tues - Strength, Wed - Cardio, Thurs - Strength, Fri - Yoga/Pilates, Saturday - Super Saturday (combo of strength and cardio). She suggests doing Body Attack or RPM classes for cardio days, and Body Pump for strength days, and if you can't make the classes, she includes a full alternate work out program.

I have been training for the City to Bay on cardio days instead of attack or her plan (it's a 12km fun run held in September), and pump on strength days.

As for food, some of her recipes have stuff I don't really like in, so I just pick and choose from the ones I like - each meal is around 300 calories, and the program allows 1200 calories a day (900 for meals + 300 for snacks). Some of the food is really boring and some of it is really yummy so you just have to go with the best ones!

So far I haven't lost any weight (today was my weigh in) but I have lost centimetres - all over. My thighs are sooo much thinner since I started my City 2 Bay training (about a month ago)! I currently wear an AU size 10 - 12, I would like to be an AU 8 - 10.

Measurements (cm):
wk1 / wk 2
Waist: 71 / 69
Bust: 95.5 / 93
Hips: 101 / 99
Thigh: 58.5 / 57

Sorry for all the waffle, but please tell me if you are doing this program or aiming to lose a similar amount of weight!

Nice to meet you all!

Replies

• pinkvanilla
    pinkvanilla Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hi! :) i'm about to start michelle bridge's "losing the last 5 kilos" program as well. am really inspired by your post! keep it up! :)
  • sasscatt
    sasscatt Posts: 2
    Options
    How did you end up pinkvanilla? How did you fare at the end?
  • imtriagain
    imtriagain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I read this book and thought it was excellent. It's been a good mental switch for me. It's been what I needed to basically lose the last 5 kilos! I haven't followed it strictly, but have taken snippets out of it. I already run regularly, so added her strength based session 2-3 times per week, which I have ended up adapting slightly. I've also added in a bit more running and cycling, so that I'm doing something every day. I have certainly noticed a difference in my overall toning.

I haven't followed her diet plan, but I have stuck loosely to 1200 cals per day (although over a week average, I eat more than this - essentially eating back most of my exercise cals, factoring in some nights when I have some wine, dessert etc). I was already doing a fairly long run on Saturdays anyway, so I now think of this as my Super Saturday session.

However, because I was pretty fit when I started this, I haven't found the cardio difficult. I do think the idea of a beginner running for 1.5 hours as she suggests on a Saturday is a recipe for injury and giving up though!

I've been following the 12WBT facebook page, and I've managed to glean a lot of information about her program on that. It's worth following for that reason. The basic premise seems to be 1200 cals per day, exercise like a demon, exercise like a super demon on Saturday so that you have something up your sleeve as a treat meal. This is pretty much what the book outlines too.

The thing I really like about the book is the mindset and removing the excuses about exercise. That's the bit that has really helped me.

I've now switched across to Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 for my 2 sessions of strength per week though.

Good luck.