Dinner's under 400 calories!

Options
I've been looking for some good dinner recipes under 400 calories because I also seem to have less to work with in the evening and came across this website a lot of yummy choices thought I might share the website if anyone is interested!

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/healthy-meals/400-calorie-dinners-00000000027141/index.html?viewdate=20110301

Replies

• mail704m
    mail704m Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Homemade chicken burger with a strawberry and mixed green salad.

352 calories, with 25g of carbs, 12g of fat, 27g protein and 7g of fibre... :)

IMG_0488.JPG
    Chicken%252520Burgers.JPG
  • mindy2185
    Options
    i was sooo needing recipes for weeknight meals for the family-thanks!
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    That chicken burger looks AWESOME, I'd have to eat this for lunch though I try not to eat carbs after 5 I like the strawberry salad side I will definetly try this!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My hubby loves this one and it's filling. It's his favorite and we probably have it 2-3 times a week...quick easy and not many calories...he usually has 2 servings but I'm full with 1 serving

1 serving instant potatoes 1/2 cup prepared = 150 cal (hungry jack...other companies are a little less)
    1 serving ground turkey 4oz = 170 per serving jeannie-o
    1 serving garlic & herb marinara sauce = 40 cal/serving

360 cal total!
  • muitobem
    muitobem Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stacyengle
    Options
    I've been looking for some good dinner recipes under 400 calories because I also seem to have less to work with in the evening and came across this website a lot of yummy choices thought I might share the website if anyone is interested!

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/recipe-collections-favorites/healthy-meals/400-calorie-dinners-00000000027141/index.html?viewdate=20110301

The Weight Watchers cookbooks have great recipes.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Check out my diary, all my dinners are under 400 calories, I also don't eat starchy/grains in the late afternoon. My diary is public. take a gander if you want :)

You might find that most of my meals are the same thing, because it's just easy for me, but usually my lunches vary

ETA: I recently changed the layout of my meals, so it will look jumbled up. I change it frequently until I think it's right where I want it.
  • achtracy
    achtracy Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Looks and sounds great! Thanks for the info! Always looking for good ideas! I'm thinking my family will enjoy this too which make this great!
  • kateATC
    kateATC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recommend taking a look at a Hungry Girl cookbook by Lisa Lillien. She has several books out with tons of great ideas for low calorie meals. You can check out her books or check out her website. If you sign up for the free email list you get new recipes in your inbox every day. I have bought 3 of her books already and I am in love. She shows you ways to make stuff you already enjoy healthy. A couple of my favorites are chicken strips, onion rings and her hacked and wacked BLT salad. Check the link below. I hope this helps you :)

http://www.hungry-girl.com/
  • Maria_Goose
    Options
    Bump! :D
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I recommend taking a look at a Hungry Girl cookbook by Lisa Lillien. She has several books out with tons of great ideas for low calorie meals. You can check out her books or check out her website. If you sign up for the free email list you get new recipes in your inbox every day. I have bought 3 of her books already and I am in love. She shows you ways to make stuff you already enjoy healthy. A couple of my favorites are chicken strips, onion rings and her hacked and wacked BLT salad. Check the link below. I hope this helps you :)

http://www.hungry-girl.com/

^THIS
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes. I will try one this weekend.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    blt wraps: use a leaf of lettuce and put tomatoes and turkey bacon inside with a tbsp of mayo about 100 calories per wrap it really dpends on brands etc. . .
    pizza: made with a whole wheat low carb tortilla or i use flat out tortillas(sorta) they have low cal garlic ones(only 90 calories i do believe) with tomatoe sauce, turkey pepperoni and 1/4 cup mozzerella cheese(of course u cud add other toppings). they are about 200 something and quite filling
    stew of course is usually low calorie
    ((sorry about spelling etc am using mobil and its quite difficult))
  • nicki9139
    nicki9139 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just made a pot of chili and it's a little over 200 calories for one cup, I add reduced fat Ritz crackers (5 crackers = 70 Calories) I'm not sure how to add the recipe like the previous post, but just copied and pasted. :)

Recipe name - Chili

Number of servings - 8.5 (1 cup servings)

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar
    Albertson's - Petite Diced Tomatoes, 1 3/4 cup 88 18 0 4 4 11
    Albertsons - Dark Red Kidney Beans, 3 1/2 cup 840 154 0 49 49 28
    Generic - Ground Turkey - Jennie O 93/7 Lean, 20 oz 850 0 40 105 0 0
    Albertsons - Diced Tomatoes With Onion, Celery & Green Pepper, 1 3/4 cup 140 32 0 4 7 25
    Trade Winds - Ground Chili Powder, 3 tbsp 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Trade Winds - Ground Cumin, 3 tsp 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Fresh - Yellow Onion, 1 medium 60 11 0 2 3 7
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 1978 215 40 164 63 71
    Per Serving: 233 25 5 19 7 8
  • lamarisf79
    lamarisf79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this...I've been struggling :)
  • msespresso
    msespresso Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Fabulous link, thanks for posting! I aim for around 400 calories for dinner and some of those look amazing.. variety is good :)
  • mail704m
    mail704m Posts: 41 Member
    Options
  • AMA983
    AMA983 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Some fabulous ideas - thanks for sharing everyone!