Its been 7 months. A 17 year old story

Options
Hi,

I have been on a diet for seven months and I have lost 63 pounds!! I started at 239 pounds and I now weight 176!
I started on my diet in mid June 2011 and so far have lost 63 pounds. I have always been over weighted and I finally decided to do something about it. I found out that I made my high schools marching band in June, and that started my weight loss. I found the myfitnesspal app on my phone and started using it. I lost around five pounds a week and now weigh 176 pounds!

Thank you for reading!

Photos- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/8428919

Replies

• cdunlap1101
    cdunlap1101 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look great and have obviously worked very hard! That is really something to be proud of. You look like you must have hit your goal, because I sure don't see anything else to lose! :smile:
  • ReneeJM
    ReneeJM Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You will be happy that you learned how to control your weight at a young age!
  • Jnine25
    Jnine25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    you are a true inspiration for the young and old!
  • lupa01
    lupa01 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you!! You are an inspiration young man!!:happy:
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Sweet!:tongue: I started mfp when I was 17 to, but in Oct I made 18:) Oh, and Congrats
  • ady8e80
    ady8e80 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! :happy:
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • wagner78
    wagner78 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Great job on your hard work and committment! You look like a completely different person! :smile:
  • qwills2cats
    qwills2cats Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I wish I could have done what you did at 17. You should be very proud, you have transformed yourself and your future life! And you look great!
  • ashiyo
    ashiyo Posts: 23
    Options
    awesome! i wish i would've had the motivation and determination to accomplish what you have at 17! :) stick with it and you've done amazing!
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    So young and so committed. You are truly beautiful. Keep it going for the rest of life.
  • ashleylynnexo
    ashleylynnexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look great sweetie! You should be so proud of yourself.
  • suthrnladey
    Options
    Way to go!! You are doing a wonderful job! I'm very happy for you. Thanks for the motivation :happy:
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    You look fantastic, and keep up the great work : )
  • ShadowSoldier23
    ShadowSoldier23 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Speaking from experience you really did a good thing for yourself to lose the weight now. I was over 200 in high school and never really lost weight the right way or watched what I ate. Now I'm over 300 at 25 and wish I would have done something then!

Way to go man, don't give it up either it's a life long change :)
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Beyond awesome! Your hard work definitely paid off. Hopefully you continue to do well for the rest of your life & don't wind up like us overweight adults. :bigsmile:
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I wish I had done that for myself when I was 17. I was in marching bad too. And I tell you a Bari sax is heavy enough without the extra 50 or so pounds I was carrying around!
  • ahjenny
    ahjenny Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Great job! I loved marching band, even if they made us do pushups when we were 'bad'. I met really awesome friends during my time in. You look very good!
  • hsnbro
    hsnbro Posts: 55
    Options
    awesome job !
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!