help me figure out if my gains is ok :-)

Options
About 8 weeks ago I joined a gym and started lifting regularly. I exercise 6 days a week 3 lifting 3 cardio, I have been eating well and my diary is open if you would like to see.

Last week a weighed myself and noticed an 8 lb gain. Since then I have dropped 2 lbs but that is it.
These two pics of me are in 11/2011
_DSC05191.jpg_DSC05231.jpg

these two pics were from today at the gym:
IMG_16712.jpgIMG_1672small.jpg

When I started in 2010 I looked like this:
DSCN0112small.jpg

I am feeling pretty proud of my progress, I just am not feeling too well about my gain your input will be appreciated :flowerforyou:

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    if you have changed up your routine, and started eating more, you could look at a small gain. but without details i dont know. plus if you've just started a strength training routine, you could just be suffering from muscle pump..or fluid around the muscle tissues in the form of inflammation since you are causing micro damage to the muscles.....
  • BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

This is one of my favorite inspirational success stories. Scroll down and you will find a pair of pictures under the heading "Staci Now." In the "after" picture, she is 11 pounds heavier but looks amazing from all the lifting she does. If you are focusing on lifting, I wouldn't worry too much about the scale. Along with the muscle mass you build, muscles have a tendency to retain water after a heavy workout, leading to the number on the scale increasing.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I am sorry I forgot my measurments

8 weeks ago:
    height: 5'4, weight 172lbs
    chest 38", 36D
    waist 26"
    hip 38

Today:
    weight 178lbs
    chest 37", still 36D band is a bit looser
    waist 25"
    hip 37"
  • PoisonIvy914
    Options
    To me your waistline looks slimmer. More taunt than in the other pics. That's great in my book. I'm sure you know that muscle weighs more than fat and thats better all around
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    You look incredible, and that's all there is to it. You're an inspiration to us all... please keep us updated with your incredible progress!
  • Sharonswarna
    Sharonswarna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i dont know much about weight lifting,but your waist and tummy looks smaller..flatter..stronger
  • CalorieArson
    CalorieArson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look smokin!! Don't worry, weight is just a number. You sure still look healthy to me!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    you are very sweet, I just can't seem to shake the feeling of failure, and I know its not true cause I am doing so well. It just sucks to feel this way
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    Inches don't lie! Don't worry about the weight if the inches are disappearing :)
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You look great. When you start doing weights, you will gain muscle, which has weight to it, while you are losing fat.

You are a beautiful curvy woman. Now, you are tightening all those curves!