Small to you but Big to me NSV

Options
I have always been a closet eater. I would get my husband and I something to eat and get me something extra then eat it in the car on the way home and hide the wrappers so he wouldn't know how pathetic I was. Tonight I ate my supper at work bc i had to work late and ran through mcdonalds to get him something. I wasn't even tempted to get me anything at all. On the way home the bag stayed closed and I didn't sneak any of his fries. Then I had to stop by our aunts house to drop off something and she had made breakfast for supper and had so much left over. Bacon sauage pancakes. She asked me if I wanted any and no flew out of my mouth! a piece of bacon would have been so easy to take, but it wasn't worth it. I DON'T NEED THAT! When I got in my car I realized all of this and was so overwhelmed with victory! I can tell even in this short amount of time that my life is turning around for the good and I will lose this weight and have victory!

Replies

• letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    awesome, yes you will get through this! one day at a time and yes you are doing awesome. send you hugs i'm so darn proud of you.

13651868.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm a closet eater too, so I understand how big of a NSV that is! Great work :drinker:
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Great job! Its hard to change behaviors keep it up
  • ashiyo
    ashiyo Posts: 23
    Options
    I don't know if I'm a closet eater, per-se, but I don't really like people watching me eat!! But way to go! It can be really hard to resist those terrible treats... but the more we avoid the bad stuff the better we will feel! :)
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    That is by no amount is small....that is BIG!!! I had done that before...eating in hiding...practically swallowing things off to avoid getting caught. And in return losing in all sense.....self esteem, unable to enjoy the food and gained more pounds.

Saying no when you do not need it.....is self confidence gained. That is BIG in my eyes!!!
  • noelslp
    noelslp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I used to do the EXACT same thing! Stuffing an extra burger or order of fries in my mouth in the car, then hiding the evidence. Eating in the car by myself in general was always a big thing with me. When I went grocery shopping, I had to buy something to eat on the car ride home. The very long 5-10 minute car ride home. I know exactly how it feels to be an (ex-) closet eater. Great job!
  • DinkyDini
    Options
    That's great, and I know how you feel, I used to do the same thing sometimes! Often I'd get home and realize I was full after beginning my main "meal" but I'd finish it because it was there. It's a weird feeling to me still to not finish everything on my plate and not to be ashamed of what I'm eating. Great job on turning down the bacon, so tempting!
  • Loudmom01
    Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. That IS a big nsv!!
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I'm a closet eater, per-se, but I don't really like people watching me eat!! But way to go! It can be really hard to resist those terrible treats... but the more we avoid the bad stuff the better we will feel! :)

I am the same - hate eating in front of people and I hate sharing food too!!! I think there are two reasons for that - one came from due to me being a very slow eater (my brothers used to eat everything and leave me with nothing) and the other is due to the fact that I am pretty much vego - surprising how when you are sharing food meat eaters suddenly love all the vegetarian food on offer and leave the meat crap for me. Nope - eating is a personal thing for me LOL.
  • shadshad
    Options
    a true victory babe...way to go
  • bigdal77
    Options
    Thats awesome thats what you need them self victorys :)
  • zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Options
    Closet eater here too, congratulations on overcoming it, a trip to McDonalds without picking something up is definitely an achievement!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great job! There are no 'small' NSV... they are all fantastic and should be celebrated! Good for you. Keep strong!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. My moment of realization that I started to gain control of myself was, instead of grabbing iced tea, I just naturally went for a glass of water. I know, it's silly and minimal but still opens your eyes.
  • TinaVanHoecke
    Options
    Such an awesome victory! Temptation is hard to resist and you did it! You are on your way girl!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    That is big to everyone. Congrats!

"Never trade what you want the most, for what you want at the moment"
  • Sweetncgal78
    Sweetncgal78 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

"Never trade what you want the most, for what you want at the moment"

Well put and we should say this to ourselves as often as needed! *I need it often*!
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations! That is a big victory in anybody's book!
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    That is a great victory for anyone! :)

I used to be the same way so I know how hard it is. Congrats on saying no :)
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE NSV...and good for you!!

I am also a closet eater...I would do the same thing especially in the morning on the way to work I pass TWO McDonalds and a Burger King and it wouldn't be a big deal just to swing in and get a egg and cheese biscuit and 2 hashbrowns with a large coke and throw all the "evidence" away at work...eh just thinking about that makes me gag.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!