TRX training

Options
Has anyone tried the TRX equipment? I just started a class and wonder how many calories 30 minutes would burn. If anyone is interested it is awesome.

Replies

• lorainekc
    Options
    I just signed up for a training session! It looks crazy, but I am totally intrigued. I always wear a heart rate monitor, so I'll let you know what I burn whenever I have my session.
  • Shabnam222
    Shabnam222 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous! Your gym offers a class? I used TRX with my very expensive trainer. Not sure about calories burned though.
  • lorainekc
    Options
    They just put the system in and they're offering free training sessions to teach people how to use it... which is smart because it looks like you could really hurt yourself if you don't know what you're doing. I'm so excited!
  • kdm1092
    Options
    I did my class yesterday and am really sore today but in a good way. I can't wait to go again. I
  • tammyw59
    tammyw59 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We have TRX at our gym and it's awesome. We do a lot of circuit cardio work using the TRX. Love it!
  • jlfred
    jlfred Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just started taking one of these classes -- it's an hour, and according to my Body Media Fit, I burn about 285 cals in that hour.
  • jlfred
    Options
    I don't know -- there seem to be quite a variety of moves offered in the classes I've been doing -- enough so that each class is pretty different from the previous one. There will definitely be some of the same moves each class, but mostly there's a lot of different ones.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I've done something similar called Rip 60 with my trainer.. but i have no idea how many calories it burns as it's mixed in with other moves that my trainer puts together.

He has me doing rows, squats, lunges, ab work with it and some pesky move called a nosedive that I totally failed at last night :)
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Did my first RIP TRX class this morning It was an hour long and according to my ft4 hrm I burned 691 calories during that time. 5'6 193
  • jlfred
    Options
    Huh, I have Body Media Fit and according to that, the most I've ever burned in a 1 hour TRX class is 296 calories. I'm 5'7 156 lbs. and generally work out regularly (6-7 days a week). The class I was taking was pretty intense, combo of cardio and strength training, and I would usually leave a circle of sweat on the ground surrounding the area I had been standing in, but never managed to go over 300 cals.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    TRX is great for what it is--functional, no frills muscle and core training. It is not a big calorie burner.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I had on my heart rate monitor....I also have 50 pounds on you....bear in mind that I quit smoking 76 days ago and am still trying to get heart and lungs back into normal condition!