Make Up

Options

Replies

• DawnDawn2011
    Options
    I wear makeup every day of my life! I will not step out the front door without makeup. I have done this for as long as I can remember. The truth is I really don't like my face, but when I wear makeup I at least feel better about how I look.
  • shasha_84
    shasha_84 Posts: 170
    Options
    dating-fails-the-girls-who-think-like-this-are-also-in-need-of-brains.jpg
    No that is quite accurate of what I look like without makeup!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I don't think that looking better in make up has anything to do with a persons weight. I've had quite a few bfs tell me I look great without make up and I'm not "skinny". I think if you wear a lot of make up people are always used to seeing you in a lot of make up, so you wouldn't be confident without it.
  • siurzua
    siurzua Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My make up routine is extremely fast

I apply mineral powder daily and curl l my eyelashes (without mascara)

mascara, lipstick and eyeliner are for special occasions only, lol
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I wear make up but I can go without it. In my profile picture I have very little makeup on and in my other pictures I have more makeup on but I try to keep it nice as possible. I may add more makeup to my eyes on special occasions. Other than that, I have been told I shouldn't wear it, but without it look very crappy in my opinion lol
  • DawnDawn2011
    Options
    I look fine both with and without makeup (I have clear skin that is soft and even-toned), but I like wearing makeup because it makes me feel sexy.

Yeah, you have the makeup art down to a T, you look like a model in this picture! *jealous* : )
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I only wear it when I'm getting dolled up unless I'm breaking out
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on skin and complexion, not size. I hardly ever wear make up and I have really good skin and am heavy.
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I used to wear it all the time, but these past few years, I've only worn it when I'm going out for dinner, etc. For the most part, my face is totally naked. I'm lucky, though; I have clear skin and an even skin tone. I'm also pale, but I have a natural blush in my cheeks.

Funny thing is, I'm approached more by men when I'm not wearing any makeup, and yet I don't wear a lot when I do (basic light dusting of mineral powder, blush, eyeshadow, and mascara). No idea. I think most men prefer a more natural look, especially nowadays when so many girls are tangerine in colour! lol
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I look fine both with and without makeup (I have clear skin that is soft and even-toned), but I like wearing makeup because it makes me feel sexy.

Yeah, you have the makeup art down to a T, you look like a model in this picture! *jealous* : )

:blushing: Thank you!
  • haylz24
    haylz24 Posts: 225
    Options
    I feel so uncomfortable without it. My partner thinks I look pretty without it but I disagree!
    I wear make up for work and when I go out. Ie. Town.

I wear foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blusher, sometimes bronzer, powder and lipgloss or something like Vaseline.

I wish I thought I look fine with hardly any make up.
  • Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I never wear it ever! Only time I have in the last 6 months is our wedding and christmas lol and only cause I knew that pictures were going to be taken!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with make up. Just like I shave my face, style my hair, and exercise daily; I dont mind a girl who takes a bit to look nice. My girl only wears eyeliner, and looks gorgeous without; but I do appreciate when they wear some makeup. Just me personally
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I pretty much don't wear make up at all. I've been known to to cover up a blotch (and I occasionally have blotches and blemishes but you know what? meh. I don't always cover them up). I don't have anything against make up but I don't use it.

I may not be paying as much attention to my looks as some people who do but I feel stifled when I wear it, and it's expensive and takes time to put on.
  • BritFitB
    BritFitB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Everywhere... if I'm out and about, I am in it from primer all the way down to blush and highlighter, all the steps. I think it's important and crucial to look your best at all times! (And I'm a makeup junkie because I was a professional makeup artist for many, many years.)
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup every day of my life! I will not step out the front door without makeup. I have done this for as long as I can remember. The truth is I really don't like my face, but when I wear makeup I at least feel better about how I look.
    ^ This!
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I only tend to wear mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow and lipstick and thats only if I go out - Any other time I don't bother, mainly because I don't see the point in getting tarted up just to go to work or to the shops etc.

My skin is ok, a bit oily, so maybe I should wear a bit of foundation to cover it up/dry it out but then I feel I'll probably be doing more harm than good so I don't bother, besides it saves a fortune in not paying out for foundation and a bit of time in the morning :)
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    I am very pale, so mascara and eyebrow colour are an absolute must - I don't leave the house without them on, for anything. During the week, I also wear a light foundation, a little blusher and eyeliner, plus concealer if needed, and something on my lips, ranging from lip balm to full-on red lipstick. It's part of my professional image to look 'put-together' and makeup is definitely part of that in my line of work. At the weekend, more or less, depending on what I'm doing. I love makeup, and its' transformative power.

I suspect thinner girls get away with less because of the social perception of heavier people as lazy and frumpy - somehow, as a heavier girl, if I look like I made an effort with my appearance, society seems to find that less of an affront than if I turn up looking scruffy and unkempt.
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Once in a blue moon - had fights growing up with my parents, I wanted to wear it, my parents didn't. My dad always told me I was beautiful without it and my mum said it was for grown ups only.

Now? I'll wear it for the following occasions:

- major work meetings/social events with work
    - weddings

and even then it is the bare minimum...eys liner, mascara, some subtle colour, lip gloss/stain. I end up forgetting I'm wearing it, rubbing my eyes and looking like a panda...not attractive.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I gave up wearing it everyday about 2 years ago, only slap it on now for a night out, special occasions or proper social events...which isn't very often lol!!