I can't do it

Options
I give up

Replies

• fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    OMG! Why would you do that? Let me help....
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    You just barely started on here, how can you give up already? What have you been doing (or not doing) and what do you need to succeed?
  • krichardson50325
    Options
    I told myself the same thing for the last five years. Do whatever it takes to lose ten pounds. You will feel so different and good about yourself that you will want that next ten. You need small goals. If I can do it you can too. We are all there for you.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    no quitting! :angry: if you need help, feel free to PM!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    don't give up----you have so much to gain from this. please talk with someone and let them help y ou find your motivation and your way back.
    really do not give up, Your worth it., and your kids will thank you for it.
  • WISHFULTHINKING
    WISHFULTHINKING Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    i always want ot give up and in th prcess i give up on myself and i dont use mfp for awhile but then i realise if i dont belivei n myself who will.

u cant quit just push urself and i nthe end itll be worth it
  • firewalking
    firewalking Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Giving up just means postponing progress. If you quit now, you will just be back later, only without any progress.
  • fitnessperfection
    fitnessperfection Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    When my son was 6 and training for his first swim meet he wanted to give up. We were on the track running and I told him that he just had to keep pushing himself not matter how slow he was going. As long as he was moving he was making progress...

Then I turned around to see him with his hand on his back. I asked him if his back was hurting because of the running. He said "No mommy. I'm pushing myself!" And he kept running!

Just keep pushing yourself, no matter what your pace is! It's all about YOU!
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    The greatest failure is when you give up not knowing how close you are to achieving your goal. I've almost given up 1,000 times, but what if this is the time when I can get it right and I miss my chance because I quit. Take a day or a couple of days off and maintain, but don't ever quit.
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    NEVER GIVE UP! THAT's PERSONAL SABOTAGE...life is hard. We all know that and losing weight can sometimes be damn near impossible but look at the positives. If you are eating better it will eventually catch up with you...even if you only walk/exercise once a week it's more movement than before. Believe me this is one of this biggest struggles we are all going through...remind yourself I AM WORTH IT! :cry: :happy: :wink: YOU CAN DO IT! If you need more encouragment you join the beginners walking challenge. There is all kinds of motivation there....it's hard alone and you don't have to do this by yourself!:flowerforyou:
  • skinnywilomeena
    Options
    :huh: dont give up!!! you can do it!! i know its frustrating but hang in
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    You can't give up......talk here....maybe we can help. :flowerforyou:
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Why............
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I give up

You give up what? You give up being down on yourself and having a negative attitude? You give up holding yourself back? You give up on the whole idea that you can't ever become a healthier you? You give up on giving up? You give up giving up on yourself?

Good for you!

...remember, we're all here for you and we're giving up, too--in the manner I just said above! You can do this--it's hard, but nothing in life that's easy is ever really as satisfying as a hard challenge that is finally mastered. From what I understand of childbirth (never had kids myself), it's one of the hardest things that a woman could ever do and I don't think I've heard many moms say that they wished they'd never gone through it.

Just put some perspective back into your life and know that you're not alone in your journey! :flowerforyou:

Cheers, :drinker:
    Deborah

P.S. This goes for all of you other people out there who are getting to be at the end of your tether--and you know who you are!!!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    You're giving up trying, but think of all that you're REALLY giving up:

A chance at health
    A chance at happiness
    A chance at proving to yourself that you can do it
    A chance at proving to others you can do it
    A chance at living longer
    A chance at not feeling guilty every time you eat, therefore you eat more to cover up the guilt
    A chance at having more energy
    A chance at not having to endure the glances and comments from other people
    A chance at enjoying shopping for smaller clothes instead of misery at having to buy bigger clothes!
    A chance at being so excited when you reach small goals such as being able to go up steps without getting out of breath!

My motto: Don't give up what you really want for what you want right now.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,917 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Don't give up. Let us help!
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Please go to your own settings and look at what you listed for your inspirations. Then realize that you cannot give up, and you absolutely can do it.

Lots of people here want to help. Post your typical food and exercise, and I know you will get good guidance and motivation.