Goodbye Facebook

Options
I am loving this site and the positive energy I get when I am on here. Facebook just cant compare to MFP!!

Replies

• TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wholeheartedly agree. I have definitely been missing in action as it relates to facebook :)
  • mrsvampette
    mrsvampette Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I agree!!!! I'll probably leave FB soon because i'm just not logging in as much as i used to and when I write things down on my status people don't even bother to comment lolz.
  • Lady_who_Lunches
    Options
    Me to....wish there was a 'like' facility like FB on here though and some notifications to replys, arh well still love it :)
  • missamielou
    Options
    I hardly ever go on Facebook anymore. It is so negative, people complaining and *****ing all the time. This is great and keeps me focused! However, I couldn't possibly leave Facebook as i'm too nosey haha xx:laugh:
  • SCOUSERWENCH
    SCOUSERWENCH Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am loving this site and the positive energy I get when I am on here. Facebook just cant compare to MFP!!

it's crap anyway facebook is.. there's so many bugs on it..no wonder it's fluffs up from time to time
  • SCOUSERWENCH
    SCOUSERWENCH Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever go on Facebook anymore. It is so negative, people complaining and *****ing all the time. This is great and keeps me focused! However, I couldn't possibly leave Facebook as i'm too nosey haha xx:laugh:

Always someone taking a swipe at other folks
  • Trig0r
    Trig0r Posts: 47
    Options
    Problem is with FB people use it like some sort of popularity contest and have people from school on there and friends of friends etc, I've got just over 100 friends on there and they are people that I would be happy to let in the house not just people that I knew at school that I didnt get on with but just added because they friend requested me...
  • MariFitBody
    MariFitBody Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Me either. I didnt stop using it because of MFP but it sure helped get things movin.
  • cryspetstalerson
    Options
    I feel the same way. I love this site more.
  • janey2607
    janey2607 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I went on FB now i'm ADDICTED to MFP and all my lovely friends on here
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have been on here wayyyyy more than fb lately too!
  • LilianaGarciia
    LilianaGarciia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I like both mfp to catch up with my fit internet friends and facebook for the real world

x
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I deleted my FB account after my 6th week here.

Bye Bye!
    Haven't missed for one second!
  • Manysongs
    Manysongs Posts: 137
    Options
    I agree I rarely log into fb anymore yet I'm here several time a day!! Love mfp!!!
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I only go into FB to play Farmville :(
  • eayal002
    eayal002 Posts: 186
    Options
    haven't been on facebook in over a week, never was huge into facebook anyways. This site is great.
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Loving this site too BUT can't give up FB as it's my connection to family & friends back in the states. My friend list is truly a friend & family list not just anybody who sends me a request. Log on to each daily but tend to spend more time here.
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Every time I get on facebook and I end up angry, people just rant and spew trash. I really need to delete mine.
  • houstonmacbro
    houstonmacbro Posts: 99 Member
    Options

And now with the timeline feature and it (Facebook) tracking where you've been, I have greatly curtailed all login and activity for Facebook.
  • cip1
    cip1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Weird. I only have 100 something people on my profile. I know all of them, I like all of them. Rarely invited someone newly met at the pub just because they seem to be ok & asked about my FB profile. Also, rarely post anything on my profile unless i thinks it's worth sharing & could bring a smile/reflection upon someone. Never post my personal, life issues on there. Might that be why my People react in a friendly way? If I see them ranting on their profiles it is probably because they actually have an issue & I'd much rather send a supportive private message then post on their wall.

Guys - if you have 400+ people on your profile and they're your co-workers as well as people you knew 15 years ago but don't talk to them anymore etc, etc, etc what do you expect? And do you really reckon it is FB fault you don't get wanted/deserved reaction to your worries?