mum tums! please tell me theres hope!

Options
my dd is 2 and i still have that dreaded mum tum, ive started the 30 day shred and on day 2 but really dont think im gonna see good results till ive lost a bit more fat!!!!

if theres any mummys out there that could give me hope that would be fantastic!!!! im currently weighing 195 , have lost 6lb so far and want to get to about 140-130

Replies

• tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! I wish I had pics to show you but I dont...But I had a gross tummy - you know... poochy with stretch marks? Yup unfortunately the sttretch marks dont go away but the puffyness is practically gone and it makes everything look so much better! You will definately start seeing results in the second level if you stick with it.

Good luck!
  • Steph62002
    Options
    You can do it! Incorporate strength training into your exercise routines every week. I lift weights 3-4 times a week and do cardio 2-3 times. I also like to incorporate cardio moves in the plank position (mountain climbers) to help with the abdominal area.
    Diet is key as well. Stick with it and you will get there!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on that 30 day shred... Keep going it'll help. I'm a mom of 2 kids, my youngest is 13 months. I started the 30 day shred at 180lbs, I quit after 12 or 13 days of it, because of the holidays. I'm back at it, and when I started it again I was 170lbs, I just finished Level 2 day 6 today and today I weighed in at 162. I've lost a lot of inches too. My mommy pooch is shrinking but it's still there. I might have to go through it again maybe 3 times to get the pooch to go away, but i'm going to try other work out dvd's after this one. Keep to it, you'll see results.
  • rebyekah
    Options
    Well...it's not going to get worse! :-) I had twins, so I had some serious mum tum. Horrible stretch marks and rolls of sagging skin. I started at 210 and am at my goal weight of 120. It's much much much better! I will probably never wear a bikini, but I don't have much of a pooch anymore. I lost most of my weight without exercising though, so my goal now is to do some ab work and more cardio and hopefully make it a little better. I'm sure you're on the right track with the 30 day shred!
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Know I'm a guy but can relate with the skin and marks. I find cocoa butter helps (reccomended by someone that's posted above) I do lots of exercise and ab work and it does seem to be slowly improving (seems to look better the day after I've eaten a light dinner over a heavier dinner) Apparently eating clean helps so I've been trying to stay 100% clean and not drink or anything. I've given myself an 8 week period where I'm going to do 30 day shred and all my cycling and football and gym work I do on top and see what kind of a difference the combination of the lot does. I've taken before pics so I'll keep you updated!
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I've got a mum tum, please check and see if you have diastasis recti (separation of the ab muscles) BEFORE you do any ab exercises or the mum tum WILL get worse!! If you search "diastasis recti" there are ways to do a self check & exercises you can do at home to close up your ab muscles. If you do think you have it, it's always good to go to a physical therapist that specializes in women's rehabilitation. Also look up how to do post partum exercises. You don't have to give up the 30-day shred, but you can modify it. Better safe than sorry.

http://www.diastasisrecti.org/

ETA: to get flat abs it's 80% food and 20% workout - be sure your consumption of processed foods are VERY limited. Also, do you have any food allergies (i.e. gluten) I've discovered that I do much better on a gluten free & vegan diet with the help of protein supplements. I don't think it's for everyone, but my personal experience with it, I've never felt better. You don't have to be a vegan, or go gluten free, you just need more raw foods and fiber in your diet, drink lots of water and you'll see that tummy shrink.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I think most people are willing to try anything so thanks for that! :)
  • button777
    button777 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    From previous experience I know your mummy tummy will go. After my first two pregnancies (the 2nd being twins) my tummy went back to being very quite flat after a little ab work and nowthat I have just had baby no 4 I'm really not panicking about my mummy tummy at all.... it might take a little longer this time but it will happen ! It just needs a little work and patience .. Good luck
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!