Exercising when I have a migraine

Options
I have a splitting headache right now, my head feels like it's going to *explode*. :cry: Should I take some Excedrin and do my workout anyway, or should I take a break today? I've worked out for the last 7 days in a row, I have a good streak going and I don't want to mess it up.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I have a splitting headache right now, my head feels like it's going to *explode*. :cry: Should I take some Excedrin and do my workout anyway, or should I take a break today? I've worked out for the last 7 days in a row, I have a good streak going and I don't want to mess it up.
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    Based on my personal experience...I would take it easy and at the most do a leisurely walk if you absolutely have to do something. I haven't had any luck with pushing through a hard core headache or migraine and doing full workout. I usually feel worse afterwards instead of better. Just count it as a day off and pick up tomorrow when you're feeling better.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

:flowerforyou:
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I agree with alaskagal, and from my past experience with migraines:glasses: Hope you feel better after you take your Excedrin.:flowerforyou:
  • Cresthilllulu
    Options
    I could not even imagine thinking about doing a full blown work out when I have a migraine. Sometimes I will take 2 Excederine with a Diet Pepsi and try to take a short walk outside to get some fresh air if the headache is just coming on. Sometimes that helps especially if it is cooler out. Usually though mine are so bad I lay in a dark room for a couple hours with complete silence. My husband and kids hide on me cause I turn into Momzilla when I get really bad migraines and someone makes to much noise!!! Hope yours doesn't last to long.

Lulu
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I would take a rest. A hot shower and if you can get hubby to give you a back rub it might help. But definately take something that works for you. So sorry you are in pain. :sad:

Feel better soon.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I used to have horrible migranes and I would vomit, I couldn't see and all I could do was lay in bed, no sound or light and dare anyone to breath hard around me.

Rest...........................................

I finally had them cured by weight loss and acupuncture!!!
  • dawn66
    dawn66 Posts: 166
    Options
    I would definately take a break from a strenuous work out. What worked for me to get rid of them is to put a cool cloth on my head, and soak in a very warm bath at the same time. My massage therapist said that our blood with travel to the warm area, therefore taking the pressure off of the blood vessels in the head. I also found that taking a very gentle walk would often help, as the gentle movement of the shoulders can loosen muscles, therefore helping with the headache. Hope that helps, and have a happy Easter....:glasses: