5ft 3 results.. please share!

Options

Replies

651055 Posts: 32
    Options
    BUMP - for inspiration whenever I do eventually get started.
  • rebyekah
    Options
    Change the IMG's on both sides to lowercase. I had this problem yesterday!
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    well sorta worked except half my pic is gone lol!!!
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    5'3", 131lb currently goal of 125#. I would look downright ill at 105!! You look aweswome, don't worry about the number!!
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i am 5'3 i started out at 154 and i am now 136 my goal is 125, i think u look great.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    BUMP - for inspiration whenever I do eventually get started.

Why wait? Get started NOW! The first step is always the hardest. But you CAN do this!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm an inch shorter and my goal weight is also somewhere between 105 and 110. The latter is what I weighed in high school and I know it's a healthy weight, but I'll have to see if anything less is too skinny. I started at 118 in October and have finally gotten down to 115 so I'm expecting it to take a year or two to get down below 110.
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my profile pic is my before and after. And I've lost a few more lbs since then!
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" with an initial goal weight of 135 but I have big girls so that takes up a bit of weight so I will see when I get there. I started at 171 and so far lost 6 lbs..... You look amazing now but definitely agree that you should go with what you feel is the right weight for your frame because the day I got married I weighed 111lbs and I didn't look to thin.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started my journey at 165lbs+ (not sure of the exact figure but I think it was around that if not more)

yay-1.jpg

I am now almost half way at 136lbs

yay.jpg

My goal is 105lbs but I want to see other people's results.. pics of people with a similar starting weight and people my height (5ft 3) that are close to my goal.. between 105lbs and 110lbs.

Thanks!!

Great job!!! Perosnally, 105 is too skinny for me and I'm only 5'2. We may have totally different bodies, I'm hippy and have a sort of big booty. My goal is more like 125 though if I still see fat I'll try for 120. It really is what your comfortable with and how your body looks and feels to you. But you sound like you are doing great and really, just keep feeling good. I bet you could rock a 2 piece even now! xoxo
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    At one point I weighed 103 and people told me I looked toooo skinny............ a picture in my profile I have a pic I think I was around 115..........right now I'm 134, looking to get back down to around 115-120
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You look great now! Good Job! : D I am 5 '3 and I currently weight 145. My goal is 130 -135. I know my doctor said that for my hieght my ideal weight would be 129. I don't think I want to go below that but I guess well see once I get there.:wink:

Dr's go by a chart that don't take breast into consideration either...I asked my dr. what I should weigh, he brought out the chart and said at 5'2 I should be 115. I looked at him and he said, really for you, I'd say 125 ish.

I would look like a crack head at 115 at my age. lol
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and I started at 234 (way obese), now I'm 145 :) My goal is 130, for a healthy range my doctor says that is my goal weight. I would look beyond sick if I aimed for 105, but every body type is different. I think you look amazing now.

And, I don't know how to post before and afters but you could go to my profile and see :) LOL :flowerforyou:
  • claireydafairy
    claireydafairy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 3 and used to be 112 pounds at my tiniest and looked ill, so i'm aiming for 126 pounds, but everyone is different. Plus if you look too skinny or ill i'm sure your friends will tell you, mine did!! Btw you look amazing, nice work!! =)
  • claireydafairy
    claireydafairy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look great now! Good Job! : D I am 5 '3 and I currently weight 145. My goal is 130 -135. I know my doctor said that for my hieght my ideal weight would be 129. I don't think I want to go below that but I guess well see once I get there.:wink:

Dr's go by a chart that don't take breast into consideration either...I asked my dr. what I should weigh, he brought out the chart and said at 5'2 I should be 115. I looked at him and he said, really for you, I'd say 125 ish.

I would look like a crack head at 115 at my age. lol

Yeah they go by BMI which is complete rubbish, I went to the doctors and was weighed (bare i'm mind i'm 5ft 3, have a large chest and used to be a dancer so still got some of that muscle) and came up as 10stone and was told I was pre-obese!! But i was a size 10!! (U.S Size 6) Muppets!!
  • rebyekah
    Options
    You look great! 105 would be pretty tiny, but you are very young still and look like you have a small frame. As you lose more weight try on concentrate more on body fat percentages and just being healthy. According to a height/weight chart, at 5'3" small frame, 111 is about the lowest "healthy" weight, but that's for an age range of 25-59. Talk to your doctor when you get closer to what you think is your goal weight. Just find a weight that's within the healthy range that you have no problem maintaining.

I'm 5'4", 120 lbs. now. I started at 210 lbs. Pretty much at my goal weight now, just working on toning and adding more exercise.

[img]http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo275/Rebyekah/Weight pics/Screenshot2012-01-19at11945AM.png[/img]
    before

[img]http://i383.photobucket.com/albums/oo275/Rebyekah/Weight pics/dress.jpg[/img]
  • sandy1518
    Options
    I am also 5'3" starting weight this time is 162 my goal weight is 125. Last time I had to diet 5 years ago now I was 175 and got down to 115 was in fantastic shape 6pac of abs and all, but size 0's were falling off me I was just too thin. Looking back I looked and felt best at about 125 and had extra room in a size 2. I think 125 is sustainable for me a big issue.

I agree with the person that asked if you want to be in shape or do you want to be skinny. Great question to REALLY ask yourself either choice is ok but it is a choice you will have to make. To me I would rather be fit and have the scales read a little higher. If I can find pictures of then I will post. I wish you luck in hitting your goal I hate having to start over again but I guess I know a little more going into this weight loss so it was not all for nothing.
    Sandy
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing everyone!!

And please don't worry.. 105 is my goal but i don't know how i'll look by the time i get there.. i might get to 115 and decide thats enough i have no idea.. its just a number i'm sticking to until i get there.

i don't wanna look deathly skinny and i know weight is only a number.. once i get clsoer to my goal i'm sure i'll stop looking and weight and concentrate more on looks.. but as my weight loss is so slow i haven't actually noticed the difference in size without looking at pics so weight is my way of seeing that what i'm doing is doing something.

MORE PICS PLEASE!!

=D
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    FIRST you look FANTASTIC.

Second, I would actually ask a friend, who you can trust, to watch you and let you know if you start looking bad from losing too much weight. I say that because I am 5"3.5' and I got down to 112 this past summer. All I could see was the fat still left on different areas of my body. I wanted to get down to between 108 and 110. People started asking me if I was sick, and a few people made remarks about me being too thin that I thought were out of jealousy, it was not until I went to visit my parents that my mom took me on a drive and in a very loving way told me that I was too thin and did not look as good as I did when I was around 114, I told a few of my close friends that had not said anything to me about this and they all agreed. Also, at 112, I was at the very bottom of where I should be in my BMI, running 19%.

So, I do not want to take away from all the hard work you have done but did what to share my personal experience with you so that you may learn from my mistakes.

Congratulations on the weight loss!
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Well because you asked for more pics, and my profile pic is small and I am so darn proud of my accomplishment, here it is a bit larger!! :wink:

100_6648-3.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!