Why So Serious???

LJV1031
LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
I have only recently started answering posts in the Chit Chat category, but I notice quite a few people go on a post OBVIOUSLY not about diet or fitness, then judge people for having a little fun on the boards. Why bother even reading a post that makes its intentions obvious, whether it is about a joke, a rating, or anything else potentionally silly? It would make more sense to me that you stick to what you're interested in & move on... ESPECIALLY if you are on the ONE board that is intended for topics outside of the normal fitness, diet, success stories of this site. Now my last question is............. What do you think of the original poster??? Lol... J/k... Maybe. :wink:

Replies

• _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Easy. Because of this.

66nL4.png

I love XKCD

http://xkcd.com/386/
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,162 Member
    why-so-serious-serious-cat.jpg
  • _binary_jester_
    ooocX.jpg
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    I myself find it great fun to argue with people. A little conflict is good for you and I have zero in real life:laugh:
  • these pics are awesome..:laugh:
  • LJV1031
    Lol, love the pics. As for arguing is fun... I actually agree that arguing or better yet debating is entertaining for all involved... Especially the ones reading said arguments, but to go on a post titled "who would you date?" (just making that title up, though it might be out there) and say "This is stupid. This is a fitness site, go on FB with that" or something similar just doesn't make sense to me. :ohwell:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    I couldn't agree more. It blows my mind when you see those "This isn't about weightloss and has no business on this site!" posts in this part of the forum. Some people just love to play jr. moderator. Usually without reading any of the rules..

And if you like debate we have a group for that... Debatable Debating. Where all the real fighting happens!

(I'm a plug *kitten*)
  • LJV1031
    Ooohhhhh... I better check that out. Thanks for sharing Mr. plug *kitten*. Lol
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Lol, love the pics. As for arguing is fun... I actually agree that arguing or better yet debating is entertaining for all involved... Especially the ones reading said arguments, but to go on a post titled "who would you date?" (just making that title up, though it might be out there) and say "This is stupid. This is a fitness site, go on FB with that" or something similar just doesn't make sense to me. :ohwell:

Wait this is a fitness site!?!?
  • _binary_jester_

⊙▃⊙
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Easy. Because of this.

<snip>

I love XKCD

Or this? :)

venting.png
  • I couldn't agree more. It blows my mind when you see those "This isn't about weightloss and has no business on this site!" posts in this part of the forum. Some people just love to play jr. moderator. Usually without reading any of the rules..

And if you like debate we have a group for that... Master Debating. Where all the real fighting happens!

(I'm a butt plug *kitten*)

^^^ fixed it for you. :tongue:
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Easy. Because of this.

66nL4.png

I love XKCD

Oh, this is SOOOO me!! Lol :laugh:
  • rv88
    rv88 Posts: 37 Member
    lol, people sometimes make me wonder what was the real reason they on myfitnesspal it they mostly focus on what others have to say on this forum.
  • LJV1031

Lol...that's what people keep telling me. I thought it was weird that people kept telling me their weight. :laugh: :wink: :embarassed:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I enjoy a good debate/discussion. You can call it arguing. :-) That's kind of the backbone of the United States government system. I sat through a public hearing last night for almost three hours of people doing in person what we do here. It's interesting and fun.

But you'll never see me complain about off-topic threads or obvious jokes. That's just a lack of humor and no one who lacks humor is any fun. Ever.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,644 Member
    I couldn't agree more. It blows my mind when you see those "This isn't about weightloss and has no business on this site!" posts in this part of the forum. Some people just love to play jr. moderator. Usually without reading any of the rules..

And if you like debate we have a group for that... Master Debating. Where all the real fighting happens!

(I'm a butt plug *kitten*)

lol

^^^ fixed it for you. :tongue:
  • _binary_jester_
    I enjoy a good debate/discussion. You can call it arguing. :-) That's kind of the backbone of the United States government system. I sat through a public hearing last night for almost three hours of people doing in person what we do here. It's interesting and fun.

But you'll never see me complain about off-topic threads or obvious jokes. That's just a lack of humor and no one who lacks humor is any fun. Ever.
    You're wrong and you suck

My favorite rebuttal most commonly used.
  • LJV1031
    Lol. I agree RV88. All of you are hilarious. Glad no one got oh so serious on this post. Though, there's still time. :wink: :sad:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    I often wonder the same thing...why reply to a post just to complain about the question, or if you have nothing to offer? Some people just like being jerks I guess....

@ColumbianWarrior...seriously dude, I'm gonna have nightmares about that cat! :laugh: