Do you think some people on here go too far???

Options
Over the last few days i have so much fun on here and the site is really helping me out... over the few days though i have been reading alot of profiles of people who i would consider a good normal weight and they are striving to lose quite a bit... which i think is madness as they look fab... maybe the media and size 0 models really do have a hold over some people... personally rather have my curves, but at least stay in a healthy weight bracket... anyway... was just thinkin out loud more than anything.. spose everyones happy in their body at different sizes

Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I think people here need to realize everyone is different and they look at themselves differently. What you see as "Fab" might be "Flab" to someone else. So which one of you is right? Both.

So I don't see why people are so worried what other people are doing on this site or any weight loss site. If they wanna be a size 0 then let them. Hell I was a size 0 and I would kill to go back to that size.
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    I don't judge people, if they feel they want to be smaller to feel better about themselves then I guess its there choice, however it does bother me a bit that some are seem to be very healthy, and they are actually making themselves unhealthy by loosing to much and not eating right.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a different opinion of what beauty looks like. To each their own.:drinker:
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    that was more my point... they'd be so underweight by the time they lost what they hopin to that it would make them quite ill... and your right about everyone bein different too and that its really none of my business... as i said... was just thinkin out loud
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, although I think maybe people have done what I have. I wasn't sure what weight I wanted to get down to so I set my goal as the smallest I would consider and just though I would stop when I was happy. I always want to keeps a few curves. I didn't want to set it as higher and then find out I needed to loose more, this way I felt I would be even more happy when I reached my ideal shape.
  • delineated
    delineated Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    For me its more about overall health rather than looks. I like to focus on feeling better rather then looking better.
  • MissJamiie
    MissJamiie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    As Horrorchick89 says Everyone is different and we all look at ourself differently. Personally my goal is to fit back in my pre maternity wardrobe....witch none of it fit and Im alll for sexy curves :P I dont wanna be a size 0 but I wanna be tone again and ill be happy once i get into my skinny jeans once again!! All that matters is to reach our goals in healthy ways ;) my english may not be perfect due to the fact that im french im sorry about that lol
  • lena128
    lena128 Posts: 10
    Options
    There are a lot of people, myself included, that could lose 10 pounds and be considered in a healthy weight range. Personally I'd like to get to the place when I'm not only healthy but also confident about the way I look, and from past experience I know around what number that is weight wise. If I like the way that I look before I reach that number I'm not going to try to lose more. There are goals that are unrealistic, and I bet mine is one of them. But until I'm at a place where I can say 'wow I look good, and I don't need to lose 10 pounds to make myself feel better' I'd rather just shoot for the stars.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I agree with you... X
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Also size 0 looks differently on different people. I've seen sticks wear a size zero but I wasn't a stick when I was in them. I had cute hips and waist. My little sister (she's 14 I think so really not a good example lol) is a size zero and she's not a stick at all, she's just tall, taller than me and our mother. (i'm 5'1" and my mother is about 5'2-ish)

So with everyone complaining about how size zero people are under weight and unhealthy, maybe you just need a bigger sample of people to look at
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you happy. As long as you aren't making yourself ill, other peoples ideals matter not.
  • MissJamiie
    MissJamiie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im just saying for me a size 0 i would definitly be a stick :P But I know some size 0 that are healthy and look great