WHAT'S THE BEST SCALE?? EATSMART VS. WW

Options
Ok so I have a dilemma.. I had a 1-month gym memership that ended last week on 1/13 and I used to weigh myself at the gym EVERY morning, at the same time, before I ate/drank anything. So now it's been exactly a week since I turned in my pass and although I've been exercising outdoors, etc. I haven't weighed myself in a week and it's driving me crazy! I know you're not even supposed to weigh yourself everyday but I just enjoy seeing the fluctuations and obviously the progress as well.

Anyway my question for you all is WHAT IS THE BEST AND MOST ACCURATE SCALE THAT YOU'VE USED?? ($50 OR UNDER)

On Amazon it seems like the EatSmart and Weight Watchers scales are pretty good from the reviews. Has anyone used these scale brands and have any feedback about them? Any and all information would be much appreciated! Btw, I've purchased a few Health-O-Meter scales from Walmart in the 30-50$ range and ended up returning all of them so no Health-O-Meter suggestions please!

Also, my name is Delia and you can all feel free to add me! I'm always looking for new friends and support :). Have an awesome Friday & weekend everyone!!

Replies

• Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know but have been wondering the SAME EXACT THING!! I hope you get an answer so I can get one, too!!
  • jandueporti
    jandueporti Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump - also something i'd like to know
  • twinmom430
    twinmom430 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the eatsmart scale. But I was a WW and I love it. You can program up to 4 people and it will tell you how much you lost/gained since your last weigh in. But I have an older model I got about 5 years ago. I see there is a new one, that I'm going to upgrade to....it give your bmi, body mass, bone density etc. HTH!
  • dobenjam
    dobenjam Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have one like this...

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HBF-514C-Composition-Sensing-Monitor/dp/B0020MMCDE/ref=sr_1_22?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1327069195&sr=1-22

I find that it is very accurate and can track multiple people (comes in handy when married). I also like that it will give you an actual BMI reading. It is more accurate than the guesses made with "calculators". That way when you may not be moving the scale you can still see that you are improving your BMI. There is an exception with the BMI accuracy and that is for major body builders. It seems to be off when you have so much muscle.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I have an Eat Smart. I have had it over a year and love it. :drinker:
  • llee1024
    Options
    I have the weight watchers scale that gives you the BMI, body water, body fat, etc. and I love it. You can program in your goal weight too so you can see how far you are away from it.

I was reading about the scale today to see if the body fat percent is accurate and some recommendations to get a more accurate read is to make sure you are well hydrated.
  • sandylray
    sandylray Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information on the scales.... I have been looking for a new scale since I have an old fashioned scale. As I've gotten older, I can no longer read the scale so I definitely need one that is digital. The omron scale sounds great.
  • deliak2010
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback :)
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser scale and I find it's accurate. I've had it for a little over 2 years now.