Whew, 10 lbs down

Options
Being 51 it is really hard to get this stuff off. I know it went on much easier...lol But, after 2 weeks and 2 days I have lost 10 lbs, it's not much but it is a start. Now I know that it will not continue to come off this fast and that is where I need to ensure I stick with it! You see, I'm a habitual diet quitter and this time I'm going to do it. I would like to loose 50 lbs and then go from there. At first 50 was a very scary number, however, now 40 is intimidating.

I've been staying under 1200 calories a day and not eating my exercise calories. I'm eliminating alot of preservatives as well (but not all as that is pretty impossible) and even have eaten out a couple of times so I have crossed that bridge. Today I have incorporated my Starbucks Chai into my calorie count and that makes me happy.

Anyone out there 50 or over that wants to share their stories of weight loss? It would help keep me motivated. I'm going to the gym 4-5 times a week and doing 30 minutes of cardio then some weight toning.

Thanks for sharing.:tongue:

Replies

• ashlielinn
    Options
    You're off to a GREAT start! Congratulations and good luck! :)
  • snappo2000
    snappo2000 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Keep going! I am close to your age and I know it can be tough at times, but it is well worthe the effort!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    10 pounds in 16 days is a lot! Many people lose a pound or less per week.

You should be proud of that and truly enjoy it since there may be weeks you see no loss, a gain or a smaller loss. Just keep at it and keep going! I am 34 and have never lost 5lbs in one week!

Good for you!

Forgot to add that eating that low may work for awhile but don't be afraid to eat a little more. Especially if you hit a stall, sometimes that change in calories and giving your body more fuel can really help move things in the right direction!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that is amazing. I wish I were 10 lbs down after two weeks! Keep up the great work.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I don't know what your stats are but <1200 cals AND not eating back exercise calories sounds like a recipe for a massive plateau to me. I did it to myself once and it wasn't fun. Watch out around the 4-6 week mark. If the scale stops dead and doesn't move for ages then you may need to eat more... you don't want that metabolism to slow down.
  • Funkyhairchic
    Options
    That's an awesome start! Good for you! Keep up the great work!
  • Pporter26
    Pporter26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am also 51 and know about slowing down. I have lost 7 lbs in 2 weeks. Love to read posts about people my age getting healthy and fit..
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Check out my profile. There is a link to my blogs on the front page if you want my running commentary of how I did it. I was a quitter, too! This time I decided to do whatever it takes and NOT QUIT! You can do it! Friend me if you like I am not going ANYWHERE!!
    Susan = D
  • csquaredsmom
    Options
    Good job! I've lost my first 10 as well...well this is the 4th time I"ve lost my first 10. I tend to do well and lost 40 to 60 pounds and then for some reason I'm an idiot and just stop! Keep up the good work. Make sure you are eating enough. If you don't, you'll have a harder time sticking with it and just want to give up.
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Being 51 it is really hard to get this stuff off. I know it went on much easier...lol But, after 2 weeks and 2 days I have lost 10 lbs, it's not much but it is a start. Now I know that it will not continue to come off this fast and that is where I need to ensure I stick with it! You see, I'm a habitual diet quitter and this time I'm going to do it. I would like to loose 50 lbs and then go from there. At first 50 was a very scary number, however, now 40 is intimidating.

I've been staying under 1200 calories a day and not eating my exercise calories. I'm eliminating alot of preservatives as well (but not all as that is pretty impossible) and even have eaten out a couple of times so I have crossed that bridge. Today I have incorporated my Starbucks Chai into my calorie count and that makes me happy.

Anyone out there 50 or over that wants to share their stories of weight loss? It would help keep me motivated. I'm going to the gym 4-5 times a week and doing 30 minutes of cardio then some weight toning.

Thanks for sharing.:tongue:

That is great. It took me 2 months to lose 10 pounds. I have 40 more. Wait till youre 60, even harder.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!