Help ... I'm stuck on the same weight for 3 weeks!

Options
I'm frustrated ... I have even kicked up my exercise, and am eating without going over anything (except sugar, but it's never added sugar, only from my 2 fruit servings a day, and not by much) Any suggestions? I even took a week "off" where I ate 1600 cals a day because I've heard you need "metablic recovery time" ... I didn't gain, but still zip after getting back on. I'm only 4 pounds from goal, which makes it extra frustrating!

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much you are trying to loose and how close to your healthy body weight you are. The last 10 to 15 lbs to get close to ideal body weight can be tough to get off.

I found that if I have a high intensity week followed by a low intensity week, it kicks my metabolism back. Kind of like a stair routine. The next intensity week is a step up from the previous.

Hope this helps.
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    I'm kind of int he same place. This week I decided to increase the speed of my run, what i do is I run at a normal speed that i can keep up for my 3.5 mile run (its usually around a 10:30 minute mile) then every four minutes I crank it up so I am doing almost a sprint, I do that for a minute. then back down to my comfortable place. Monday I started making my "fast minute" even faster. I am going to focus on that for two weeks and see if i feel an improvement. I feel like I'm working a lot harder. just keep going, you are almost there... you will do it, it may just take a month or two to lose that last four! Good luck!!!
  • Toniawahbeh
    Options
    Try increasing your protein intake...i take twice the recommended amount of protein and I have lost 20 lbs in five weeks. BUt perhaps you are at your ideal weight since you are only 4 lbs away maybe its the "right weight for you"

149934.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your protein intake...i take twice the recommended amount of protein and I have lost 20 lbs in five weeks. BUt perhaps you are at your ideal weight since you are only 4 lbs away maybe its the "right weight for you"

149934.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
    I agree...I have been trying to take off the last 5 lbs and it wont move...if I go down 1-2 it pops right back up. I think this might be my ideal weight for me
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    That is great that bumping up your calories led to maintaining your weight loss. Good news for when you do decide just to "maintain."

If you want to try another lb or two, change something else. If you currently exercise for an hour, try 30 minutes twice a day. If you are not currently eating smaller meals/snacks every three hours, try it. Change your mix of cardio/strength training.

Hopefully any change will re-start the weight loss.
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel much better ... I will try all of these things and see if I can fire things up! I think it could be that this is my ideal weight, but I'm going to try to beat the odds!