Fitness Pal Virgin here!!

Options
Hey everyone! I am super stoked and excited to be starting this journey and I have a feeling that this is the last time I will be "starting" it!! I know it won't be easy, I am prepared for the stumbles along the way! I am going to pick myself up, dust myself off, and "Keep on Truckin'!" (as the cheesy bumper sticker says!):bigsmile:
I am looking for ANY words of encouragement as well as any and ALL tips you guys have! I have 56 lbs to lose and I am going to try and focus on 5 lb incriments so I don't get overwhelmed!
So, thanks in advance for your words of encouragement and advice!!
Here we go!!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Toniawahbeh
    Options
    good luck.... stick with it. This program makes it soooooooooo easy to track your food, exercise and progress. I love it.

149934.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome. The trick to this is to not take it as a diet and to take it as a way of learning a new life style. I never feel like I am depriving myself. I use portion control and exercise and otherwise keep my life the same.

Good Luck and enjoy the journey. :happy:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! :happy:

That's it. Just take your time and you will get there. Don't put so much pressure on yourself to get it done ASAP! This is a process and not something that can be done (or learned) overnight.

You will get there!!

-Tami
  • Toniawahbeh
    Options
    wow 135 lost... AWESOME way to GO!

149934.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. This site is great, it is so supportive, helpful, motivational, and easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Sezzwick
    Sezzwick Posts: 12
    Options
    OH MY GOSH!!! I am overwhelmed with the amount of support you ladies have given me!! Tami, what an incredible inspiration you are!!!! 135lbs! that is FANTASTIC....or should I say TAM-TASTIC!!!
    Congratulations! To everyone - My sincerest and most heartfelt Thanks!!
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!!

The best thing I can tell you is to not think of this as a diet, but really about teaching yourself a new relationship to food and exercise.

There are some great threads full of fabulous advice. Look for the Newbies read me threads at the top of some of the sections. They will answer so many questions. I learn new stuff any day I take some time to read the boards.