Superbowl Party meals

Options
er1nya
er1nya Posts: 87
Hi everyone,

I am throwing my boyfriend a surprise 27th birthday party (shh) which also happens to be Superbowl Sunday! I want to make as much of the food as possible, rather than buying it, to save on money.

Can you guys give me ideas for dips/snacks/ meals I can serve a group?

I've already decided that I am going to make a big pot of chili, but any other ideas for food that is good for a crowd without totally blowing my diet? I will have veggies and salsa and stuff but I want a large variety of food.

Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make turkey sliders - just ground turkey with basil, oregano, garlic and some parmesan cheese. Hopefully I'll be able to find whole wheat slider buns. Also some chicken nachos with lots of veggies and minimal lower fat cheese.
  • batgirlmama
    batgirlmama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    one link: skinnytaste.com. Its all you will need. She has awesome chili recipes as well as healthier versions of taco dip, and she just put up something for the superbowl: bacon chicken bites. The best thing is many of her recipes are already in the database.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I like to make buffalo chicken skewers. Just use chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces (on skewers if you like) and I grill them, but you can broil as well. Use your fav hot sauce (skip the butter) to marinade. For a dip, make your own using a base of plain yogurt instead of sour cream.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Queso with ground turkey breast or lean ground beef....
  • dargytaylor
    dargytaylor Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    as a previous poster stated......skinnytaste.com

she has a great buffalo chicken dip; great for a superbowl / birthday party and good for your waistline!!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Veggie and fruit trays, Special k crackers, and make your own dip with dried french onion soup mix and fat free greek yogurt... If you are looking for another entree... chicken or shrimp fajitas are loaded with veggies and super healthy and low calorie
  • StephanieHolloway
    Options
    1. buffalo chicken dip see skinnytaste.com
    2. layered taco dip (beans, sour cream mixed with taco seasoning, cheese on top, could add lettuce, rotel/tomatores, black olives)
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    Oooh, this is a good thread! Thanks for starting it!

My boyfriend and I are throwing a Super Bowl party, and we are both trying to lose weight, so I'm definitely going to try some of these recipes! I'll post any if I come across them!
  • nuviag
    nuviag Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    my jalapeno pooper version

jalapenos
    fat free cream cheese
    garlic
    oinions
    ham

mix cream cheese with diced onioin and minced garlic

slice Ja;apenos in half remove seeds

add cream cheese mix to each jalapeno half

add a small slice of your choice ham to the top of the jalapeno and bake at 400

i forgot the time i used to bake but i think youll be able to tell when they are ready

i adapted this from other recipes that called for breading or bacon, i was satisfied with the flavor with out the bacon or breading

another good site is canyoustayfordinner.com
  • nuviag
    Options
    popper LOL i really need to start spell checking..maybe

jalapenos
    fat free cream cheese
    garlic
    oinions
    ham

mix cream cheese with diced onioin and minced garlic

slice Ja;apenos in half remove seeds

add cream cheese mix to each jalapeno half

add a small slice of your choice ham to the top of the jalapeno and bake at 400

i forgot the time i used to bake but i think youll be able to tell when they are ready

i adapted this from other recipes that called for breading or bacon, i was satisfied with the flavor with out the bacon or breading

another good site is canyoustayfordinner.com
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options

Sorry... not to be a smart *kitten*... ok... maybe just a little... but all in good natured fun... Jalapeno POPPERS are delicious... but if you do eat too many they become jalapeno POOPERS... just saying.
  • ChipJDoty
    Options
    buffalo chicken dip is a staple for a party around my place, and its super easy to make. Just go "fat free" on your cheeses and dressings. Had it once this way and will probably never make it the fatty way again. It really was just as tasty, I think b/c of the hot sauce probably.
  • ALHarte
    Options
    Taco salad minus the shells...use your salsa and chips on the side. Lettuce/turkey season meat/drained idney beans/light cheese.
  • katt0628
    katt0628 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nuviag
    Options
    There seems to be a lot of wonton cup recipes flying around also

If you go to Google image search and type that in you’ll see all the delicious picture of available recipes

http://www.google.com/imghp?hl=en&tab=ii
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    We are having a taco bar so everyone can pick what they want:

taco seasoned Lean Ground Turkey
    Taco seasoned Shredded Chicken
    Corn/Flour tortillas (may make them from scratch if I have time)
    Taco shells

toppings/extras:
    Shredded Cheese
    Shredded Lettuce
    Sour cream
    Salsa
    Avacado
    Diced tomatos

Sides: refried beans (I have a crockpot recipe for this and its not actually fried), guacamole, and mexican rice
  • er1nya
    er1nya Posts: 87
    Options
    So many great ideas everyone, thanks!! Definitely going to make some of these.
  • kgalza50
    kgalza50 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i made just recently turkey chili for first time i used jennie o turkey ground it was really good and healthy
  • ratellcm
    ratellcm Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm making:

Turkey and Pinto Bean Chili

Potato skins (with plain yogurt and turkey bacon)

Barbeque chicken dip (with light cream cheese)
    Skinny artichoke dip
    Light spinach dip (with fat free cottage cheese)
    --all dips served with baked tortilla chips and veggies

BLT Bites (cherry tomatoes stuffed with turkey bacon bits, light mayo, parsley)

airpopped popcorn
    pretzels
    grapes

probably also roasted almonds, my ma gave me a recipe that only adds a tbsp of maple syrup and some sea salt to each batch

Also, if I gather enough jars, I was thinking of making a lighter mexican dip in individual portions