Am I losing my mind or what?

Options
Geez I didn't post for a few days and forgot how to do it!!!:blushing: Anyway the subject at hand is kind of a sensitive one and I hope its not too personal, but I have decided to leave my boyfriend, we have lived together for 2 years and been together for 6, but lately he has been extreeeeeemly sensitive, I know this is the best thing (not financially, but mentally) for me. He is a sweet guy but grew up in a not so great environment and I think he is really scared because he doen't really have anywhere else to go and not a lot of money to live on and he is just mentally and emotionally exhausted from what I can tell. Anyway, my question is how do I ween myself out of this extremely delicate position?? I know we all have probably some therapy under our belt, so if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. He wants to keep the apartment, which he can't afford, even though the general amount of stuff is mine and it is going to cause me more time and money to move than it would him(I think he says he won't leave because he is trying to call my bluff or trying to make it really difficult on me so I don't follow through with it.) But I really feel for both of our mental states it is best for me to go. I love him and really don't want to hurt him, but I just can't live in this environment anymore. :brokenheart:

Replies

• graypink0130
    Options
    Geez I didn't post for a few days and forgot how to do it!!!:blushing: Anyway the subject at hand is kind of a sensitive one and I hope its not too personal, but I have decided to leave my boyfriend, we have lived together for 2 years and been together for 6, but lately he has been extreeeeeemly sensitive, I know this is the best thing (not financially, but mentally) for me. He is a sweet guy but grew up in a not so great environment and I think he is really scared because he doen't really have anywhere else to go and not a lot of money to live on and he is just mentally and emotionally exhausted from what I can tell. Anyway, my question is how do I ween myself out of this extremely delicate position?? I know we all have probably some therapy under our belt, so if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. He wants to keep the apartment, which he can't afford, even though the general amount of stuff is mine and it is going to cause me more time and money to move than it would him(I think he says he won't leave because he is trying to call my bluff or trying to make it really difficult on me so I don't follow through with it.) But I really feel for both of our mental states it is best for me to go. I love him and really don't want to hurt him, but I just can't live in this environment anymore. :brokenheart:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that your relationship isn't working. :brokenheart:

There is no easy way to go. And no one will know when it is time to go, and how to do it except you two.

My breakups ( there have been a few) were much easier when I made a clean break and didn't stay in touch. I know some people are able to stay friends - not me. When I'm done, I'm SO done.

Good luck. Do what you have to do, take care of yourself. Eat, sleep, exercise. We are here for you.

:heart: Cheryl
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Wow, that's a tough situation. I was in a bad relationship before and had to move out while my ex was at work! It was the only way I could get all of my stuff out without a big scene. I was really nervous because my ex came home while I was moving the last load out and we had a quick talk about how I was really unhappy and had been for a while, and this was how it was going to be..wasn't much to say afterthat. We haven't really kept in touch too much.

If he is being too stubborn, let him be stubborn. I know it sucks for you that you have so much to move out, but it's going to be better for you just to get out. If he can't afford the place on his own, that he will have to deal with that on his own. If you are on the lease, I would make sure that you get your name off of there because if he doesn't pay the rent, they can come after you for that!

Hope this helps a bit!
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    Sorry to hear that....
    But if you already make a choice go for it....
    It will be hard and sad in the beginning....You can't stay in the relation because you're felling sorry for him...
    It wont work.
    Think of these as a New Beginning for you.
    Good luck
    Peace&Love:flowerforyou: :heart:
    Sonia