Enjoy yourself to donuts in break room...

Options
How many of you all get emails like this in the morning? Freaking coworkers :grumble:

Replies

• wantasmallbummum
    wantasmallbummum Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Dont get e mails, but always chocolates, cakes ect that patients bring in for us. SOOO hard to resist
  • tnlaw06
    tnlaw06 Posts: 11
    Options
    Almost every Friday, on co-workers' birthdays, and every holiday! :laugh: There's a Dunkin Donuts across the street from our office, so someone inevitably grabs a couple dozen anytime there's a decent excuse to do so.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i got called in to a nursing job and there was this big box of chocolates sitting there at the desk from a high end chocolate store in the area..then i got a call from the scheduler asking me to go to a different unit.. i was so thankful for that move because i wouldve ate them darn chocolates lol
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Before going healthy I totally went ape on these chocolate donut holes Sales was bringing in on Saturdays. I've been on this plan since October. Still, every Saturday I get "I got your donut holes". So I just let everyone else eat them. No biggee but I've told this person countless times I don't eat them anymore....like clockwork every Saturday "I got your donut holes". LOL

Oh well.

I CHOOSE not to eat them and give in. The time I give in, then its time to change plans!
  • lively32
    Options
    Almost everyday there is something so good in our break room......if it isn't the doctors that bring food in, it is the patients...

to get through a day is so challenging because the food/deserts always look so good :)
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    LOL! I work in a branch office where there are a total of 4 of us and 3 of us are trying to lose weight and get healthy. So I have no problems.
  • Vurbach
    Vurbach Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning over the all office speaker on everyones phones- "Donuts have arrived". Then I watch everyone run to the breakroom as I enjoy my Pro Bar & water!!
  • Mist1981
    Mist1981 Posts: 145
    Options
    EVERYDAY!! I also work very closely with a pregnant coworker, and that is super hard!
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh!! Just got that email! "Help yourself to pastries and fruit outside Dr. O's office." At least they mentioned fruit but going to get the fruit means seeing the pastries. No thank you!
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I know that the sugar so early in the morning will throw off my appetite for the rest of the day, so I just don't... but pizza for lunch is my big weakness! It happens every weekend here in car sales to make the pain of working Saturdays a little easier on us.
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Every Friday morning over the all office speaker on everyones phones- "Donuts have arrived". Then I watch everyone run to the breakroom as I enjoy my Pro Bar & water!!

HAHA YES! We get a page.. "Coffee truck's here!" I went to see what all the hoopla was about one day... I was strictly veg at the time and they didn't have a single vegetarian option. All bacon-egg-cheese-french toast sandwiches and the like. Every day the coffee truck arrives in the service bay and everyone books it.
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    At least 1x/week......delete and move on....
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Go to the break room, pick one up, and slam dunk it in the trash! Temptation gone! It will feel awesome! That's what I've been doing lately with crap in the break room and it works. Sometimes it takes 2 slam dunks.

You aren't wasting it. You used it to stay fit.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    Before going healthy I totally went ape on these chocolate donut holes Sales was bringing in on Saturdays. I've been on this plan since October. Still, every Saturday I get "I got your donut holes". So I just let everyone else eat them. No biggee but I've told this person countless times I don't eat them anymore....like clockwork every Saturday "I got your donut holes". LOL

Oh well.

I CHOOSE not to eat them and give in. The time I give in, then its time to change plans!

LOL... yep i been telling my stepmother to quit sending me food for gifts at xmas ,birthday ,easter ect.. i said i dont eat anything she sends me and i have to give it away...what do i get for xmas??? a shipment of omaha strip steaks, filet mignons, augratin potato puffs and cheesecake ..uggghhh
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yep always food on birthdays, but my employers also buy fruit for the whole office so there are always healthy choices.
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Our office is doing a biggest looser thing and so far, every one not participating has been very supportive and NOT brought the cakes, candy and all that TASTY stuff in! We are going to do a salad bar day soon, everyone will bring in something for a salad, and some low fat dressings.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I just tell myself that someone spit on them....

Problem solved...
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options

LOL... yep i been telling my stepmother to quit sending me food for gifts at xmas ,birthday ,easter ect.. i said i dont eat anything she sends me and i have to give it away...what do i get for xmas??? a shipment of omaha strip steaks, filet mignons, augratin potato puffs and cheesecake ..uggghhh

I think your stepmom got me the same christmas present! haha. Except no cheesecake-it came with steak knives!!! Too funny!
  • Vurbach
    Vurbach Posts: 52 Member
    Options

HAHA YES! We get a page.. "Coffee truck's here!" I went to see what all the hoopla was about one day... I was strictly veg at the time and they didn't have a single vegetarian option. All bacon-egg-cheese-french toast sandwiches and the like. Every day the coffee truck arrives in the service bay and everyone books it.

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one to get the page! I just think it's funny how many people come talk to me only on Fridays because I sit close to the breakroom... and I LOVE telling them "I don't eat that shi*!" (Don't get me wrong- I do enjoy an occasional do-do! :ohwell: ) But it is on VERY RARE occasions! I'm trying too hard right now to resist temptation, and I feel great I don't even think about them now :smile:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Just about Every. Single. Day. :explode: