Upper body workouts with knee pain,

Options
I have knee pain and can’t do any intense full body workout; even low impact seems to cause the pain. I’m seeing a physio therapist who is helping me to do squat strengthening exercises. I would like to do just upper workouts for now until my knees get stronger. My question is, I know that you can’t spot reduce the weight off from a specific part of your body, but if I only do upper body exercises can I still lose weight on my lower body? I’m already pear shaped and don’t want to make it worse.

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    How about doing some sort of boxing with your arms. That will get your heart rate up and will burn calories. It's all about calories in and out and you can't choose where the inches come from when they drop. :wink:
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    How about doing some sort of boxing with your arms. That will get your heart rate up and will burn calories. It's all about calories in and out and you can't choose where the inches come from when they drop. :wink:

Yes I am doing this as well with my pink boxing gloves :), just making sure I don't shuffle back and forth because of the knee pain