searching foods? help

Options
I just started actualy using fitness pal today. How do. I searcfh for non-name brand proeins (ie salmon, chicken breast etc) I am just figurng this thing out- also is there any way to list the weight I lost before I started using it? A little discouraging to see 0lbs lost lol- last thing is there a pro version without all the ads?
Thanks!

Replies

• jabberwockgee
    jabberwockgee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just started actualy using fitness pal today. How do. I searcfh for non-name brand proeins (ie salmon, chicken breast etc) I am just figurng this thing out- also is there any way to list the weight I lost before I started using it? A little discouraging to see 0lbs lost lol- last thing is there a pro version without all the ads?
    Thanks!

When I searched for chicken, 'raw chicken breast' is the first thing that came up, which is a generic catch all for any non-brand chicken. When I searched for salmon, 'generic - atlantic salmon/farm raised' was the second result.

I know there's a way to adjust what your starting weight was (since I started using this site after I lost 20 pounds and asked for help with it) but I can't figure it out atm...

There is no pro version. This website is free.
  • jabberwockgee
    jabberwockgee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

Found it!

Tools >> Tickers >> Weight loss Ticker >> Update your weight
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I just went in earlier this week and updated my starting weight. I'd lost about 50 pounds before starting MFP almost a year ago, and finally decided I want my total weight loss to show on my ticker, not just what I've lost since last March.

Anyway, if you go in to Weigh-in on your home page, click on edit previous entry then it'll allow you to add a new entry. Just enter the date and the weight and it'll update your ticker.
  • MNDAVEY
    Options
    Thanks! I really appreciate you taking the time to look that up for me-

I am going in to adjust it now-