Not losing any Weight??

Options
I just don't understand I have been doing this for 17 days now and I am gaining instead of loosing?????

Replies

• erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see what you're eating.
  • vdsmith
    Options
    How do you open your diary? I need all the help I can get!
  • kiariajodi
    Options
    I think I opened my through settings...the make it public..
  • erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What do you have your settings at? 1 pound a week? That might be too much since you only have 8 to lose. Also it looks like some days maybe you're not eating enough. Also what do you do for exercise?
  • kiariajodi
    Options
    Settings as far as Calories? 1200. I do elipical 20 mins a day 3 times a week...I walk 4 times a week in the summer time but right now it is winter here..I dont know if you read on my profile but this was gained because I stopped smoking almost a year ago. The think I do not do...which I know I should is drink water. I am also older 45..
  • csnooks82899
    csnooks82899 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Settings as far as Calories? 1200. I do elipical 20 mins a day 3 times a week...I walk 4 times a week in the summer time but right now it is winter here..I dont know if you read on my profile but this was gained because I stopped smoking almost a year ago. The think I do not do...which I know I should is drink water. I am also older 45..

I am going thru the same thing as you on your original post, I hate to say it but I really think our age has a LOT to do with our problem with not losing. (I am 43)
  • jampro70
    Options
    I just realized from other posts that I could track my sodium and sugar intake. When I added those tabs I could look back and see that my sugar intake was double and triple my daily allowance. My calorie intake was below 1250. That same week my water intake was down and I gained 5 pounds. The next week my sugar was lower and my water was up. I lost the 5 pounds I gained. So it is important to be within your daily allowance for calories, protein, carbs, sodium and sugar. Plus you have to drink plenty of water.
  • kiariajodi
    Options
    I will def keep that in mind..I had noticed the sodium was high..but I really did not pay that much attention to the sugars. Thank you!
  • kiariajodi
    Options
    Yes I totally agree about the age thing...I am not one to just sit around and watch tv..I am constantly on the move doing something whether it be just housework, laundry etc. But I go all the time. That is the only think I can come up wth.
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Are you putting EVERYTHING down such as butter spreads, condiments, what you cook with?

Also you eat a lot of processed foods. I am sure your sodium levels are through the roof. You should track those as well.

I don't see a whole lot of fresh veggies in your menus or pure proteins.

I would change things up and see if that helps!
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing either, it's frustrating! (My ticker says otherwise, but that is from my HW. I lost 2.5lbs more and then have unofficially gained it back 10 days later...I still have 3 days to go before my next official weigh-in.)

I do have to say, I quit smoking 4 years ago and actually lost a good amount of weight, because I had the stamina to do 30 mins of running 5 days a week and circuit training 3-4 days a week. Maybe change up your fitness routine, and cut processed foods.
  • Ely160
    Ely160 Posts: 51
    Options
    I can absolutely relate to this post, so I understand how frustrating it is!!

I never knew how important water consumption was in this weightloss journey of mine until I became aware of all that it does for our body!

It flushes away all the toxins, and all the extra sugar, which converts into fat eventually if not disposed of and extra sodium, which makes us retain water and feel/look bloated.

Hope this helped. :)
  • KavemanKarg
    Options
    Please understand this is not a critique but meant to help.

Your diet is mostly composed of carbs which are sugar. Drinking a lot of water to "flush the sugar" away is going to be simply inferior to not eating sugar and starch in the first place.

Most of your calories are coming from carbs. Your calories are low.

I bet you are very frustrated because not only are you likely hungry with frequency, your weight loss is stalled which science has shown again and again happens with a calorie reduction approach.

As well, most of your foods seem to be highly processed and of the type that spike insulin, which is the fat storage hormone.

I would imagine with such a high ratio of carbs, your next blood test will show a pretty high triglyceride count. Even wikipedia will vouch for that.

I would highly suggest dropping the processed and grain products and adopting a more whole foods approach until the scale gets moving again. If you want guided diets check Marks Daily Apple for a good start.

Whatever you do, good luck and remember consistency is always the most important thing. Plateaus often break and we continue.
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I think you should probably be eating more. Make sure your net calories are always at least 1200 a day.

When I started, I had a little to lose, just like you. I'm 43 years old. I started at 1200 calories a day and I just wasn't losing. So I upped it to 1410, which MFP said would give me .4 lb loss per week. Turns out, that did the trick, and I lost weight consistently at about .75 - 1 lb per week after that. So it definitely can be done. And I don't think our age is a huge detriment. You just need to kick your metabolism into gear, which will require you to eat more.

I agree with the other posters. Track sodium. It's a killer. It seems I'm always high, and I cook just about all my meals! It can be very frustrating! But it definitely affects weight loss.

Good luck! You'll get there!
  • kiariajodi
    Options
    I will def start watching all that...I hate to broadcast it but recently also I had to get false teeth and they are still hurting so I have cannot eat all the veggies..Veggies and fruit are my favs but it has been so hard that is why all the processed food I suppose. But I will take all of your advise and see what happens. And I will absolutely start drink for H2o. Thanks again ladies for all of the input.