Protein Shakes

Options
What are your thoughts about protein shakes? I'm so excited to try some new ones i came across. :)

Replies

• gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I enjoy then and drink them most days. I have some from GNC that I mostly use after workouts, as well as I have some meal replacements ones from Visalus.

I usually make them with almond milk and some greek yogurt and its like a healthy Milk Shake :)
  • nml2011
    nml2011 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Depends... what is your thoughts behind taking one?

They should be used to supplement a diet not replace parts of it, if your diet is sorted and you are lacking a bit of protein then go for it.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I drink my herbalife smoothies on a daily basis twice a day as for they are a meal replacement and I love them. Each person is diffrent you have to go with what works for you. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • sbrouillet
    sbrouillet Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have them for breakfast four times a week post workout. I use 1 cup Almond Milk, 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened fruit(berries of some kind usually) and 1 scoop and a half of GNC Pro Performance® AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60™ - Vanilla....(I mix it in a blender and like it that way much better than any other. It is really good and filling.
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well I think it would be good to help build lean muscle. I've never really tried them before. I think im going to give it a try. The one i ordered has a superior protein blend that is non-hormonal whey protein and isolate sources and provide an anti-oxident blend of superfoods.

Thanks