Outback

Options
tonight is date night with my boyfriend. and we have decided to go out to outback steakhouse because i am craving a steak. they do have a 500 calorie menu and i am wondering if anyone has suggestions. I was thinking about the 6oz sirloin and eat half of that with steam veggies and NO BUTTER on my entree. maybe a house salad (minus the croutons/cheese/bacon)

Any suggestions?

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    sounds delicious. enjoy yourself though. not every day has to be perfect. just think to yourself "mmmmm, look at this healthy dish!! i'm going to work out so good tomorrow!!"
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Aww...me and my husband are going to Outback for date night tomorrow night :)

I don't have any suggestions though because I am a vegetarian and I just figured out what I normally would eat there and it is almost 1300 cals...YIKES!!! I will be jumping some rope tomorrow!!

Either way I hope you get good suggestions and enjoy your date night too!!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    After your date, go out for a walk or some other exercise.

I only get the tuna or other fish dish from their.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I think what you said is your best bet, but you can probably eat the whole steak if it is only 6 ounces.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    If I was going out and wanted to watch what I was eating, that's exactly what I would get. Steak and salad.
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    The 6 oz steak and asparagus only has 430 cals according to eat this not that. I always get the salad with no cheese, no croutons, dressing on the side. I dip my fork in the dressing prior to each bite so I get dressed salad but only use about a half a TBSP. And if you ask them to make your steak and veg with no butter, they are really great about it. :tongue:
  • hegster01
    hegster01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome choice - that sounds nice and healthy! I bet it's delicious too :) Have a great date...
  • naz81irani
    naz81irani Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    unfortunately, we are going to the movies after dinner so wont get a chance to squeeze the exercise in tonight :sad: but will be going to the gym sat & sun.
  • happybrooke
    Options
    This whole lifestyle change is about living in moderation. And reality. There are going to be days when you want to do something outside the norm. What I would do is enjoy yourself. Work out the day of your date night. And behave the rest of the week. If you don't enjoy things, food, life - from time to time - then there's the risk of completely falling off the wagon! Enojy your steak, veggies, and salad!! And your guy!
  • Ambamm77
    Options
    Go out and enjoy your night. Don't over do it but don't stress about it. Just be aware.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    I checked through my, 'Eat This, Not That' books and came up with these choices:

-Filet with Wild Mushroom sauce ( 487 cals, 29g fat/17g saturated), 1,390mg sodium)

-Grilled shrimp on the barbie (small) (315 cals, 21g fat/ 8g saturated, 657 mg sodium)

-Teriyaki marinated sirloin (563 cals, 30g fat/10g saturated, 2,0084 mg sodium)

-Seared ahi tuna (360 calories)

-Outback special [9 oz] - (445 cals. 23g fat/11.5g saturated, 610 mg sodium)

Hopefully these choices help. I personally haven't eaten at Outback in over 10 years, so I wouldn't know what's good myself.

*noted* Have a fantastic date whatever the case!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Salmon and mixed vegetable are only 483 cal., but sometimes you just gotta have the steak!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I just wanted to say that if you are craving steak, you may want to have your iron levels checked. I was anemic and had no idea. I went and got an iron supplement and with in 5 hours, I could not believe the change. ( I was seriously anemic tho).

I think you have had some good suggestions as to what to eat. Just pass on the blooming onion :)

Enjoy! I love date night.
  • naz81irani
    naz81irani Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I checked through my, 'Eat This, Not That' books and came up with these choices:

-Filet with Wild Mushroom sauce ( 487 cals, 29g fat/17g saturated), 1,390mg sodium)

-Grilled shrimp on the barbie (small) (315 cals, 21g fat/ 8g saturated, 657 mg sodium)

-Teriyaki marinated sirloin (563 cals, 30g fat/10g saturated, 2,0084 mg sodium)

-Seared ahi tuna (360 calories)

-Outback special [9 oz] - (445 cals. 23g fat/11.5g saturated, 610 mg sodium)

Hopefully these choices help. I personally haven't eaten at Outback in over 10 years, so I wouldn't know what's good myself.

*noted* Have a fantastic date whatever the case!

Thank you!
  • jenna715
    jenna715 Posts: 201
    Options
    This doesn't help with the steak but whenever I go I bet a baked potato(no butter) and steamed green beans. Under 400 cals and filling!
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    we went a few weeks ago and we shared the ahi tuna appetizer and then i had the 6oz fillet (and ate the whole thing!) and veggies. we skipped the bread