40 Something ladies looking for inspiration?

Options
You know what it's like, you're over 40, you're overweight, you can't find clothes to fit you, you feel unmotivated. I am on here to lose just over 42 lbs that I have managed to pile on over the years. I want to be me again, not this overweight harassed looking middle aged woman who stares at me from my mirror.

I am a 47 years old, married with one child who is 8 years old. I live in the UK. If like me you have been feeling a bit "bleurrgh" about yourself, then please join me for motivation, support, chat and fun. I have started a group and have posted the link below if you would like to drop by and share your experiences.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2379-fabulous-40-something-ladies

I hope the link works!

Replies

• totooz
    totooz Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello, My name is debbie i am 50 years old with two grown boys and a great husband who takes me for who i am. I am looking to lose 60 pounds
  • bcameron112
    bcameron112 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, on doctors orders I have until July 10th to lose 4.5 stone - a tall order when you look at it that way. I have to have my gallbladder removed but because of my weight and heart I was born with wrong this NEEDS to be done, I also have a problem with my thyroid!. Breaking it down it is only 2lbs a week so that doesn't sound so bad. Please ladies give me strength and encouragement to do this.

I am married with two lovely grown up children, both still at home, one working and one at university.
  • bcameron112
    bcameron112 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's a lot to lose - I know I have to lose more than that but we can do it!! :)
  • SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Come on ladies, we need you!