SPAGETTI OR PIZZA CRAVINGS ANYONE

Options
adross3
adross3 Posts: 606 Member
In the time it took to warm my oven to 425f, I rolled up 28 lean turkey meatballs with italian seasoning into 1.4 oz balls. They melt down to an easy count 1oz. Now all I have to do is put 3-5 in a bowl, cover with spagetti sauce, 1oz part skim mozzarella and nuke until cheese is melted. Beats my spagetti and pizza craving in a tangy mouth watering way. Only 235-320 cals

Sometimes I go a bit carby and put 1/2 a multigrain muffin on the bottom for 50 more cals.

Replies

• MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    I love turkey meatballs, we add green pepper and onions shredded up into ours, but we do ours in the crockpot in the sauce all day so good!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about ordering pizza! I have nothing to eat in the house, so I thought that would be the next best thing. Well, it's between that and starving.
  • texasmarie
    Options
    oh that sounds delicious! I will have to try that....
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Ism hungry at this point and .... Your recipe sounds good!! I would have to try that out!
  • traciwe
    traciwe Posts: 78
    Options
    In the time it took to warm my oven to 425f, I rolled up 28 lean turkey meatballs with italian seasoning into 1.4 oz balls. They melt down to an easy count 1oz. Now all I have to do is put 3-5 in a bowl, cover with spagetti sauce, 1oz part skim mozzarella and nuke until cheese is melted. Beats my spagetti and pizza craving in a tangy mouth watering way. Only 235-320 cals

Sometimes I go a bit carby and put 1/2 a multigrain muffin on the bottom for 50 more cals.

this sounds yummy and i have actually thought about pizza and spaghetti today and have been trying to get it out of my head! lol
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I use lavash wraps as my bread crust, then add my toppings. The 1/2 sheet is 60 cals and just pile on the veggies or whatever you want.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    To stop yourself getting cravings, try incorporating those foods into your diet, they're fine in moderation.
    I have Pizza/ Pasta saturday & aslong as i'm withing my limit, it's perfectly fine.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    If I never had pizza again I would be fine, BUT I love spaghetti and this sounds yummy! Adding this to me freezer cooking this weekend! Thanks!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    SPAGETTI OR PIZZA CRAVINGS ANYONE

Not until now!
    I am burning for some pizza, and instead I shall eat this bowl of cereal.:tongue:
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Friday night is our pizza night! I buy whole wheat dough from the food lion deli and top it with sauce and whatever else we want, like ground turkey, spinach, tomatoes, chicken, pineapple, turkey bacon....whatever we're in the mood for. Just don't go too heavy on the low fat cheese and viola! It's sooooo yummy!
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I know I'm really lucky, but I just don't have any particular food that I crave. Especially since going completely vegetarian, and loving to cook, I rarely have the same thing twice lol! :)
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza all the time; just had one for lunch. Buy the Mountain Bread at Costco -- 70 cals a sheet. They make a great super thin crust pizza.
  • jacobsonmandy
    jacobsonmandy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser the nutritionist mentioned a healthy alernative to pizza using 1 whole wheat tortilla, 1/3 cup of cheese, 1/4 cup of sauce. You can add vegetables etc, I didn't because I microwaved it. I didn't feel like putting it in the oven because I was hungry and didn't feel like waiting, 1 minute and it was done. I cut it up it small pieces (like 8 total) and for me it was 230 calories. You can buy different tortillas with less calories, but this was stuff I had in my fridge and it was really good and I was full after. I might make it for dinner with a salad or something in the future. But it was a nice lunch option, I've also done this with arnolds sandwhich thins that are 100 calories. Also, the serving size for whole wheat pasta is about 180 calories with a serving size of sauce is about 50 depending on brands. I try to get my meals roughly in the 300 calorie range, but I have the serving size and don't over eat. In the past I would load up and over eat. But just have the serving size. Don't limit yourself, just find healthier ways to incorporate what you like. Try googling healthy options for pasta or pizza, to get some ideas. I do that sometimes.
  • ahyland1
    ahyland1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well I didn't have a craving for anything because I think I splurged the past two days! I have to get back on track now! Anyhow....the owner of my company bought New York Style Pizza so I'm pretty sure that killed me! But I think I'm definitely OVER food now so I think I'm just going to go back to eating at normal times normal portions sporatically throughout the day! :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I have a craving for pizza, so I'm eating it tonight
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: n

WHEN i ate meat,this was. A Fave: ..ADD shredded zucchini & onion to the Turkey to keep it Moist.I would just Nuke them on a
    Bacon tray.This works on the SUMMER grill too!!....(I am cold ) ..Enjoy:flowerforyou:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I like to fry an egg, sunnyside up, in a tsp. of light butter with onions and about 2T. marinara sauce. About 100 cals.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have a craving for pizza, so I'm eating it tonight

Me too! Pizza Hut is on it's way :smile: