hCG Diet...

Options

Replies

• lauralou23
    Options
    I've known a lot of people who have done it and I wouldn't call any of them successes. You're better off with MFP. If you want more info PM me and I'll give you the whole story.

Thank you, this is all I asked... If someone had tried it or knew someone who tried it.
  • lauralou23
    Options
    I did it in the 80's. Waste of money. They put me on a 600 calorie per day diet with daily HCG shots. Yes, I got to 110 lbs, but would have gotten there with the diet anyway.

Thank you, this is all I asked... If someone had tried it or knew someone who tried it. I appreciate your feedback, thanks!
  • lauralou23
    Options
    Okay, don't chew my head off! I don't get on the message boards as much as I'd like so I'm sure this has been up here before... Has anyone done or know someone who has done the hCG diet? How did you/they do?

I know there are a lot of opinions out there about this diet. I used to have mine and thought that of course, anyone eating 500 calories/day is going to lose weight... duh! But I researched more about it and how it actually works and it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

I've read that it also teaches your body to maintain on smaller portions and less calories. So you develop healthy eating habits along the way.
    It's pure self sabotage all the way.
    Everybody is looking for the easy, fast way, and all hCG will do is enrich the scammers who sell and market this trash diet.

You've been warned.

Didn't ask your opinion... asked if anyone has done it or know anyone who has done it... thank you though
  • lauralou23
    Options
    I did it and lost about 112 lbs, I have gained back about 6 lbs in the past 2 months but that is due to muscle gain, I am lifting weights. I also lost inches and have a much tighter body.

I have said this before on other HCG threads, I used it as an alternative to weight loss surgery. I treated it that way too, so I followed it exactly without any cheats at all. It is very difficult and if you don't follow it properly you are setting yourself up for failier and a high possibility of gaining it all back.

I do believe it works, but I would never want to do it again. It was just way too hard and I think that is why I work so hard now not to gain it all back :flowerforyou:

before HCG I ate about 800 calls/day trying to lose weight and just couldn't.
    I started in 11/2010
    DSCN01241.jpgDSCN0072.jpg

I stopped about 6 months ago and I now I eat an average of 2400 cals/day and burn an average of 300 cals/day. I work out 6 days/week and lift 3 days.
    Most recent photo was taken yesterday at the gym:
    IMG_1672small.jpgIMG_16712.jpg

my diary is open if you would like to check it out. I am eating at a very high protein intake as I am lifting at this time, so I change my ratios protein/carb/fat from time to time to achieve my goals.

Again I would not recommend it unless you don't have any other options, as it is very difficult and if you can't follow it exactly you are setting yourself up for failure. The cheats work for dropping the pounds, but hinder in the maintenance phase.

Good luck sweetie :flowerforyou:

Thank you, this is exactly what I want to use it for... I'm not looking for a quick fix, I need a jump start and I'm willing to follow a strict diet for 6 weeks and train myself to eat better. I've looked into the lapband and I don't qualify for it.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Okay, don't chew my head off! I don't get on the message boards as much as I'd like so I'm sure this has been up here before... Has anyone done or know someone who has done the hCG diet? How did you/they do?

I know there are a lot of opinions out there about this diet. I used to have mine and thought that of course, anyone eating 500 calories/day is going to lose weight... duh! But I researched more about it and how it actually works and it doesn't seem like a bad idea.

I've read that it also teaches your body to maintain on smaller portions and less calories. So you develop healthy eating habits along the way.
    It's pure self sabotage all the way.
    Everybody is looking for the easy, fast way, and all hCG will do is enrich the scammers who sell and market this trash diet.

You've been warned.

Didn't ask your opinion... asked if anyone has done it or know anyone who has done it... thank you though

You posted on a public message board, you asked everyones opinion.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I did it and lost about 112 lbs, I have gained back about 6 lbs in the past 2 months but that is due to muscle gain, I am lifting weights. I also lost inches and have a much tighter body.

I have said this before on other HCG threads, I used it as an alternative to weight loss surgery. I treated it that way too, so I followed it exactly without any cheats at all. It is very difficult and if you don't follow it properly you are setting yourself up for failier and a high possibility of gaining it all back.

I do believe it works, but I would never want to do it again. It was just way too hard and I think that is why I work so hard now not to gain it all back :flowerforyou:

I started in 11/2010

I stopped about 6 months ago and I now I eat an average of 2400 cals/day and burn an average of 300 cals/day. I work out 6 days/week and lift 3 days.

my diary is open if you would like to check it out. I am eating at a very high protein intake as I am lifting at this time, so I change my ratios protein/carb/fat from time to time to achieve my goals.

Again I would not recommend it unless you don't have any other options, as it is very difficult and if you can't follow it exactly you are setting yourself up for failure. The cheats work for dropping the pounds, but hinder in the maintenance phase.

Thank you, this is exactly what I want to use it for... I'm not looking for a quick fix, I need a jump start and I'm willing to follow a strict diet for 6 weeks and train myself to eat better. I've looked into the lapband and I don't qualify for it.

If you don't qualify for surgery you don't qualify for a VLCD like HCG. Also, since it ****s up your metabolism, it's not gonna "jump start" anything - you'll get fast results at first but struggle to keep it off later, no matter how healthy you eat. You'll lose muscle and probably suffer more serious health problems that will stop you working out etc later on
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I'm not surprised to see all the HCG IS A SCAM comments. I'm thinking about trying it myself. I even contacted a lady here who has seen it work on friends and family and researched books on it. I'll do some research myself to make my final decision but as of now it's a defiantly YES!

The way I see it, it wouldn't hurt to try. I can totally do 500-750 calorie diet without even thinking that hard. Plus I feel it'll teach me to avoid the 1000 calories meals from Burger King (god I miss those fries).
  • countrygirl812
    Options
    If you're wanting to train yourself to eat better, why not just do it the old fashioned way? Total waste of money, and there is a reason why they say not to exercise on it. None of these fad diets will work for long time success, and yes, I have known a girl who tried it. She wound up in the hospital and then gained back the weight she had lost plus more.
  • lauralou23
    Options
    I'm not surprised to see all the HCG IS A SCAM comments. I'm thinking about trying it myself. I even contacted a lady here who has seen it work on friends and family and researched books on it. I'll do some research myself to make my final decision but as of now it's a defiantly YES!

The way I see it, it wouldn't hurt to try. I can totally do 500-750 calorie diet without even thinking that hard. Plus I feel it'll teach me to avoid the 1000 calories meals from Burger King (god I miss those fries).

Agreed!
  • cruisintolose
    cruisintolose Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    OK I admit I did it. I wanted to lose those 30 pounds that always seem to stick around. I will say it is very difficult. I figured hey I have never done a fad diet why not try it just once. I did initial phase about 3 weeks and lost 17 lbs. However I do not feel that is accurate as I gained 6 eating at the phase in. I was not used to eating that way and the scale jumped, so in reality I lost 11. I did not cheat and was very rigid about it. I am sorry I can lose 11 lbs on my own without killing myself. The most upsetting part came about 4 later when 40% of my hair came out!!! Yes it was that awful. Months of crying and worrying that it was never going to stop. So needless to say IMHO not worth it, but understand completely the desire to do it.
  • lauralou23
    Options

I started in 11/2010

If you don't qualify for surgery you don't qualify for a VLCD like HCG. Also, since it ****s up your metabolism, it's not gonna "jump start" anything - you'll get fast results at first but struggle to keep it off later, no matter how healthy you eat. You'll lose muscle and probably suffer more serious health problems that will stop you working out etc later on

I didn't qualify for it because I wasn't over weight enough.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    Don't even bother, let's face it, we all know that just like "horrorchix89", she'll read 100 negative responses to HCG, then find one person that used it successfully, and use that one answer as an excuse to do it.
    This time next year they'll be back on with 2013's new years resolution to try the Master cleanse or a juice fast, despite being told it's baws, or maybe they'll actually learn from their disastrous HCG experiments and come back to do it the healthy way.

No amount of scientific evidence or horror stories seems to deter people as long as they can find ONE god review.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options

I didn't qualify for it because I wasn't over weight enough.

EXACTLY! VERY LOW CALORIE DIETS LIKE HCG ARE ONLY FOR THE EXTREMELY OBESE! AND EVEN THEN IT'S UNDER DOCTORS SUPERVISION!

If you're not fat enough to need surgery, you're not fat enough to be able to handle a vlcd.
  • lauralou23
    Options
    Now I know why I stay away from the message boards... Geesh! Thanks to those of you who answered my actual question. Those of you who just wanted to throw your opinions out there, I didn't ask for that. I thought this message board was for "Diet and Weight Loss Help" not "Diet and Weight Loss Opinions".

I apologize, I didn't realize this was such a controversial diet. I wouldn't have posted about it.

Also, thank you to the ones who inboxed me about their success stories. It's a shame they couldn't post on here for the "fear of being attacked". We are all supposed to support each other on MFP! I've been on here since May and never have I seen bashing like this before!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Don't even bother, let's face it, we all know that just like "horrorchix89", she'll read 100 negative responses to HCG, then find one person that used it successfully, and use that one answer as an excuse to do it.
    This time next year they'll be back on with 2013's new years resolution to try the Master cleanse or a juice fast, despite being told it's baws, or maybe they'll actually learn from their disastrous HCG experiments and come back to do it the healthy way.

No amount of scientific evidence or horror stories seems to deter people as long as they can find ONE god review.

You really didn't need to use me as an example lady.
  • sexforjaffacakes
    Options
    Now I know why I stay away from the message boards... Geesh! Thanks to those of you who answered my actual question. Those of you who just wanted to throw your opinions out there, I didn't ask for that. I thought this message board was for "Diet and Weight Loss Help" not "Diet and Weight Loss Opinions".

I apologize, I didn't realize this was such a controversial diet. I wouldn't have posted about it.

Also, thank you to the ones who inboxed me about their success stories. It's a shame they couldn't post on here for the "fear of being attacked". We are all supposed to support each other on MFP! I've been on here since May and never have I seen bashing like this before!

You've been on since May and you haven't realised it's "contraversial"?

Seriously, search the forums for HCG, you will find 10 negative reviews for every person who has emailed you their "success story".

We're not "attacking you", we're giving you advice, because you'll damage yourself if you do it.

Honestly? I don't really give a **** if you kill yourself doing HCG, but I cba with your whining a few months down the line when you put it all back on.

So do yourself and all of us a favour, go research it on the boards before wasting your time/money/health
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Eating smaller portions will teach your body to eat smaller portions. Unless you have a lot of weight to lose, diet & exercise are the best method for losing weight.
  • chicago_dad
    Options
    apotemnophilia is a great alternative to HCG if anyone is interested in losing a lot of unwanted and unsightly weight.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    The hCG diet is an ill advised fad and I'd recommend you reconsider trying it. Conversations about the hCG diet do not go well and mods shut them down quickly. People have some very strong opinions about the diet, myself included. If you really researched it and have come to the conclusion that it "doesn't seem like a bad idea', it's because you're reading and believing propaganda that is not backed by solid science. Please go to more credible sources. You will not find a single quality scientific article that indicates that hCG does anything for weight loss.

You do not need to starve to lose weight. Please spare yourself and those around you the discomfort. Please spare yourself the potential health problems.

This.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options

I did the HCG diet. I chose the drops three times daily and lost over 70 pounds. Now that being said i have good and bad thoughts on this. The best obviously is the weight I lost and the clean eating habits I learned from it. THe bad is that while I lost fat and weight I also lost lean muscle. Its all in what you make of it. The HCG diet did teach me how to properly eat and I made a perm change in my eating habits. jIt is a great way to kick start a life change. The diet I used was www.affordablehcgdiet.com My story is on there.

I chose to lose the last 40 pounds through fitness and my trainer told me I am the cleanest eater she has ever seen and that in her experience the hog does have that benefit. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.