Where to get heavy weights in UK

Options
Where should I get my heavy weights from in the UK? Any suggestions ?

Replies

• Dellie22
    Dellie22 Posts: 167
    Options
    BUMP
  • Dellie22
    Options
    Thanks, i'll have a look :)
  • Kirkajuice
    Kirkajuice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I actually got mine from Argos. I wanted cheap but heavy weights. The shipping from online seemed really expensive when I last checked (I know they're heavy, but still). You could try checking ebay for local collection, or freecycle if you have one in your area. I'm sure in Feb and March people will have given up on their resolutions and want to get rid of them quickly!
  • Dellie22
    Options
    haha, How heavy should I go ? Mine at the mo are 15lb
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

If you get the bars which you can add weights to, you can gradually buy additional weights as and when you up your lifting. It won't cost a fortune all in one go then, it will spread the cost out over time.
  • Dellie22
    Options

If you get the bars which you can add weights to, you can gradually buy additional weights as and when you up your lifting. It won't cost a fortune all in one go then, it will spread the cost out over time.

ahh, I've already got some of those bars. So I'd just need the plates then?
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Yes, you can buy them bit by bit individually from Argos and Amazon too :)
  • Dellie22
    Options

Yes, you can buy them bit by bit individually from Argos and Amazon too :)

Ahh, that'll be alot cheaper than expected then :)
  • seph_house
    seph_house Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i was looking into this just before christmas! gumtree had a bunch though that was in london, if you are lucky you can find someone close to you flogging some cheap. though, yeh, wait a couple of months :D

as to "how heavy", how much do you think you'll use :) for me, i first picked up a dumbell about 5 months ago & have been using ones from 3 to 10kg depending on the exercise which is a nice range.
    for the moment, i don't really want to go much higher with the dumbells, my muscles are willing but my wrists don't feel confident :) but i picked up a barbell for the first time at the beginning of the month and i might be in love :)