Looking for vegetarian/vegan friends!

Options

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian for the last 7 years. :] I'm currently pregnant so this is more of an attempt to maintain my weight or gain gradually until delivery. It then becomes a mission to lose some pounds. I ended up losing 5lbs from December 9, 2011 to December 27, 2011 somehow despite being pregnant, but even as a vegetarian I am tempted by pasta, bread, potatoes, crackers and other carb heavy foods that are indeed delicious! I'm new here and until our second baby is delivered (due March 10, 2012) you may not notice my ticker moving a lot or it may even move the opposite way by a couple pounds. Side Note I am a strict vegetarian so I don't eat rennet or animal enzymes, gelatin and other biproducts.. I attempt to eat organic, but I still eat some processed foods like Nate's Meatless Meatballs, which are seriously delicious. <3
  • llasky1
    llasky1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have been a vegetarian off and on for about 17 years and went vegan for new years as well. I am finding it a little difficult when I eat out sometimes or with dried eggs in some mixes, but absolutely loving it.
    Would love to share recipes. Sadly, my favorite book in the past couple months have been vegan cookies :)
    Lara
  • WHARRGARBL
    WHARRGARBL Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been vegan for just over a year now, with only a few slip-ups since going from full on Omni to strict vegan! I find that breakfasts and lunches can be difficult at work, so I struggle with what to eat while I'm at work when I don't have enough energy/motivation to plan ahead and pack meals.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Veggi one and off most my life vegan a few times . Currently veggi for about 2 years.
    Looking for veggi or vegan friends . My mother and husband are veggi too. My mother will be joining on here soon.
  • apparatus195316
    apparatus195316 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and have been for over ten years now (with some, er...slip-ups? lol)
    Baby #2 is due on Feb 8th and I'm going to go Vegan to lose the baby weight.

Feel free to add me, anyone! I need all the help I can get :D
  • rwozzie
    rwozzie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! I was vegetarian for 3.5 years, and now have been vegan for about 10 months. Feel free to add me. :)
  • GoldenGirl89
    Options
    Cool, I've been vegetarian for 9 years. I tried being vegan but didn't even make it until dinner time. Cheese was calling my name...
  • kellasaurusrawrrex
    Options
    I'm trying to be meat free :)
  • jenifer7teen
    jenifer7teen Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    vegetarian for 11 out of last 13 years.

dabbled in vegan, but it has never fit my lifestyle (complicated at dinner parties, expensive, and i struggled to meet my nutritional needs).

i eat meat a few times a year for special occasions (i.e. when i went to new orleans i HAD to try some authentic foods):)
  • paigeifyouplease
    Options
    I've been a pescaterain for six years now. I eat fish rarely. Feel free to add me!
  • Shannonnn92
    Shannonnn92 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I'm a vegetarian also, but I do try to eat as vegan as possible :)
  • Cardiff_dave
    Cardiff_dave Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi, veggie here.

41 now and fully veggie (but not vegan) from 14 so 27 years.

just started using this app on my phone on monday this week and finding it very helpful, together with picking up the couch to 5k jogging plan.

and bought my first ever weighing scales today.

my worry at the moment, probably a little premature as its only 4 days, is that I'm eating a fair bit under the target calories but it seems unnatural to try and eat more. maybe after a week i'll lbe struggling to stay under anyway, we shall see.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I am vegan. Send me a friend request if you want.
  • idonteatmyfriends
    Options
    Hey, I''ve been vegetarian for about 7 years and vegan since the start of 2012, feel free to add me :)
  • cmhickey616
    cmhickey616 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for about 4 months now and I can always use more vegan friends :) feel free to friend me!
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian for almost 5 years, vegan off and on for about 3. Lately I've been strict vegan, mostly raw food prepared at home. My diary is open to friends, feel free to add me!
  • bluenice
    bluenice Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian almost 30 years, vegan for the last two. Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • TriciaMaina
    Options
    I go back and forth between vegan weeks, vegetarian days and meat once in a blue moon. I tell people how good eating feels without animal products (on days I can manage) but no one ever believes me. haha Feel free to add me :)
  • Alysonsarty
    Alysonsarty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian since I was 9, so about 10 years now :) I was having digestive problems and I recently found out that it was due to sensitivity to eggs and milk :P so now I eat mostly vegan
  • AngelUpSideDownCake
    Options
    Hi! I just started this thing and I've been a vegetarian since August 2008. :) I love it!