Hi everyone! I'm new here!

Options
Hello everybody! I am Kristin and I am a 30 year-old stay ay home mom. I have 3 children and I homeschool them. I am on a mission to lose about 60 pounds and get back into shape! I walk or jog about 2 miles a day and try to fit in a 30 minute workout dvd. So far, things are going well although I am hoping that I won't get discouraged or tire of the routine. I have totally changed my eating habits which seems to be the easiest part for me so far. I just keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels! I would love to hear comments from anybody and everybody and to all of you who are on this journey - I wish you well! =)

~Kristin~

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This website has been a huge motivation for me, and I hope that it will be the same for you! Good luck on your journey!
  • hulkj
    hulkj Posts: 218
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • skinnywilomeena
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome!!
  • kcdore_2469
    Options
    I have been a member since January but just now started doing this all the time. I have alot of weight to lose and really need support

Katrina

139415.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Grate
    Grate Posts: 71
    Options
    Welcom Kristin. Funny thing is, I found food started tasting sooooo good after a couple of weeks of changing my eating habits. I think my taste buds are re-trained. You will keep this up as it is so encouraging to see what you've done with just a few clicks of your mouse. I started April 22 and have lost 15 lbs so far. Each pound lost excites me for the next one to go.Best of luck to you. Grate:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody! I am Kristin and I am a 30 year-old stay ay home mom. I have 3 children and I homeschool them. I am on a mission to lose about 60 pounds and get back into shape! I walk or jog about 2 miles a day and try to fit in a 30 minute workout dvd. So far, things are going well although I am hoping that I won't get discouraged or tire of the routine. I have totally changed my eating habits which seems to be the easiest part for me so far. I just keep telling myself that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels! I would love to hear comments from anybody and everybody and to all of you who are on this journey - I wish you well! =)

~Kristin~

Hi Kristin, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works.
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
  • kristinturner
    Options
    Thank you all SO MUCH for your words of encouragement! I really needed them! =)
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I am on a mission to lose about 60 pounds and get back into shape! I walk or jog about 2 miles a day and try to fit in a 30 minute workout dvd. So far, things are going well although I am hoping that I won't get discouraged or tire of the routine. \~Kristin~

Hi Kristin, and welcome. One suggestion for you. So you don't tire of your routine, change it up every now and then. If you have friends with different workout dvd's ask to exchange with them. Change up your walk and jogging routes and just keep doing things different. Not only will your body respond better, but it will help you from getting bored. And one thing that helps me.....post post post like the wind. People here are so encouraging and helpful. We're glad you here!
  • coll33n
    coll33n Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi Kristin! I'm new here, too, just today actually. I'm a homeschooler as well! I pray all the best for your journey!