I only wanted to lose 63 pounds

Options

Replies

• Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story!!!

I only joined a few minutes ago and there are so many people i will be getting inspiration from, well done!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, you have every right to brag...Congrats on a job well done and thanks for sharing.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    you are freakin' awesome. thank you for sharing the inspiration. When I started my journey last January, I was 252 pounds, wearing size 42/44. I'm currently 182 pounds, wearing size 34 and my goal is to get into size 32.
  • Toonster
    Options
    Hi, great story thanks or posting. I have 80lbs to lose and have just taken up cycling, its great but currently tiring but your story has given me hope that i too can get up to serious miles per week. Thanks again and well done!! :)
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!! I started out weighing 280 lbs at my MAX, and i did the same as you...Started by cutting out sweets/soda/ fast food. Then I bought a bike at BIG 5 on sale, and started cycling. I was doing it every weekend. My boyfriend at the time had me start out riding about 15 miles every Sat/Sun and i noticed the lbs DROPPING off. I now weigh 100 lbs less, thanks to just riding my bike and eating healthier!!!! Still in the process of losing weight, but it was a great jumpstart for me.
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    Wow, that is inspiring!! My favorite part is that you have found a new passion in cycling. 40 is young, and how fabulous that you have paved the road to enjoy your next decade as a healthy person. Kudos!!
  • tuffhd
    tuffhd Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I liked reading your post... My situation is similar to your's and made my resolution at the first of this year. On Jan 3rd I started on MFP at 240, in two weeks, I've lost 13 pounds.I am also into cycling, but gave it up last year do to the fact I couldn't keep up with the other riders in my group. Although I've exercised and cycled regularly in the past (in spurts) I never watched what I ate and never really lost any weight. Holding myself accountable for what I eat has made a huge difference in a very short amount of time.

I'm hoping that when the weather warms a bit, I can start cycling again regularly and actually keep up!

Thanks for the inspiration and congrats on the weight loss!
  • HollyTsab
    HollyTsab Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. Thank you for sharing your story.
  • sbyllek
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    Reading that makes me wanna pick up cycling all over again! Used to night cycle much when I was in my late teens/early 20s - back then it was pretty much a 'mode of transport' for me & a few friends. We'd take our bicycles and meet up somewhere for supper & hang out like 1/2 the night before heading home. That stopped when I went back to school, got a job after (so no more late nights for me)... etc. etc. I kinda miss those times & quite often I wish I still have my bicycle.

Mhmm... that's it, it's on my to-get list now :)

Thanks for sharing the story !
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Well done! Thats great. Would love to see some pics too :-)
    I really fancy cycling, its the other road users that scare me! Did you go off road or not? x
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    You should brag on yourself, you did an amazing job! Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • leannamichelle
    leannamichelle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should be proud. Thanks for sharing and this was well written!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Great story! I hope that through it you can inspire people who think it's just too hard or don't know where to start!
  • geri1955
    geri1955 Posts: 106
    Options
    Great for you!! I started at 200 lbs and now down to 172...over 4 months now, and I have been exercising on a daily basis ever since..I walk at least 4 miles per day and do an exercise dvd 5 nights a week, so I am on a roll, my weight isnt coming off quite as quickly as yours...I have 10 -13 more lbs to go and Im at a stand still!!!! any suggestions ??? :huh: ???
  • meewhee
    meewhee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Totally, totally inspiring because I think many of us are coming from the same roots of frustration! Congratulations! Don't get too skinny now! :)
  • BlondeLisa1
    BlondeLisa1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing with us!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Great story!
  • shad1018
    shad1018 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story is so inspiring! :happy:
  • brandyosu
    brandyosu Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - how inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!