What would you do???

Options
nikii14
nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
I have a good amount of Capri pants that I just bought last year and are so cute and obviously still in great condition.
I am thinking of getting them altered..belts just don't do it anymore. My husband on the other hand thinks I should go out and buy new ones. I'm thinking $10-$12 on alterations is way better than spending $20-$40 on each pair of Capris.

Whatcha think??:tongue:

Replies

• kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I have a good amount of Capri pants that I just bought last year and are so cute and obviously still in great condition.
    I am thinking of getting them altered..belts just don't do it anymore. My husband on the other hand thinks I should go out and buy new ones. I'm thinking $10-$12 on alterations is way better than spending $20-$40 on each pair of Capris.

I would try...maybe take them for alterations and strike a bargain (if u bring in a few items)
    I just bought new stuff....bought some really inexpensive stuff at khols with a coupon or target
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    oh i def agree! Why spend a whole lot of extra money on capri's when you already have "new" ones. Def get them altered for sure :happy: It'll be a reminder of how much you lost and how hard you worked :wink:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

Why waste them if their good pants? If it's going to cost more than to alter than to buy new ones I wouldn't do it, but otherwise I say go for it!
  • nikii14
    Options
    o: It'll be a reminder of how much you lost and how hard you worked :wink:

I never thought of that!!

Great idea! Im interested in finding out how much it will cost. I can't imagine over $15 a pair. That will P*** me off:wink:
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    I say forget that... go shopping! :happy: It serves as a reward for the hard work you've done. If you ask me, hubby has the right attitude. :happy:
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I have been altering my own clothes, as I can't afford to buy new (and I sew for people as a side business). However, I am finding after 42 lbs, I'm having to break down and buy a few new things. But the altering works great for a while!
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    I say forget that... go shopping! :happy: It serves as a reward for the hard work you've done. If you ask me, hubby has the right attitude. :happy:

I would expect this from you Nikkytoo.... Any excuse to shop :laugh:

If you are close to where you want to end up weight wise/size wise then I say buying new is a good thing to do and a great reward! You could try shrinking them in the dryer... that has helped with few of mine (but not all) :happy:

I would alter your favorites and buy a few new ones :)
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options

I would expect this from you Nikkytoo.... Any excuse to shop :laugh:

If you are close to where you want to end up weight wise/size wise then I say buying new is a good thing to do and a great reward!

I see I am rubbing off on you Ocean_91:tongue:
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    And besides, Ocean, you can't deny how good you felt when we picked out sizes you didn't think would fit and they did. Nor can you deny how great it felt when you received many compliments at work because of the new clothes that FIT. :happy:
  • nikii14
    Options
    LOL..you are right...hubby does have the right attitude and wants me to "celebrate" and spend his $$ I guess:tongue: I have bought a few things, but am kinda mad that my cute capris don't fit. well......I guess I can't be tooooooo mad:laugh:
  • kelligirl
    kelligirl Posts: 210
    Options
    First of all - way to go for *needing* to have clothes altered in the first place. I would alter to begin with too.... and when you hit your goal weight, buy something new then - Maybe some cute new tops - or treat yourself to a pedicure to show off your toes with those newly altered capris. Although..... I do like the way your hubby thinks. :wink:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i am all about giving them to charity. going shopping and trying on nice clothes for your new bod will be confidence building anyway!
  • mandyor
    mandyor Posts: 26
    Options
    i say go buy new. feel great and confident not just in the weight you lose (coodos to you) sell the ones that are two big and put the moneyoff your new pair.
  • nikii14
    Options
    Although after the bowl of ice cream with marshmallows I just ate, I may not have to get them altered..LOL:noway:
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    You could take them to a resale shop...and then if they end up selling you could eventually make some money on them.

Then go buy new stuff.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!