Wine lovers...

Options
I looove my wine.

Leggy, dark, rich, red wine.

My eating has never really been a problem. I can eat spinach-and-berry smoothies, quinoa, plain Greek yogurt and chicken breasts for weeks on end and enjoy it. My weight issue is attributable to Wine... and a pint now and then. I don't drink every night and never have. But I used to drink wine maybe 3 nights a week and I drank too much each time. It's not a life-stopping issue but the calories sure add up. I think it also hits my metabolism for a few days.

My new strategy is to only drink on 3-day weekends or vacations.

Any other lovers have good strategies or replacements???

Replies

• Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    How many ounces do you have at a time? I allow myself a 6-8 oz glass of white wine each week, when we go out to dinner. I wonder if you limit yourself to a single glass, you could enjoy wine more often than long weekends/vacations? I feel your pain, I love wine, too!
  • artcaro1972
    Options
    I can but I often don't. it's certainly a good option!

Thank you for responding! Seems I often get few or no responses to my posts. I suppose there's a certain dignity in that. :P
  • empressM
    Options
    I love my wine and will not be denied.

I just factor it into my allotted calories. If I eat well and exercise well, I deserve a delicious treat.

As for the pints... I love those too, but I've had to give them up while dropping the pounds for the most part.

All things in moderation. Enjoy your wine!
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    If you know you're going to have it, pre-log it at the beginning of the day. That's what I do. :drinker:
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have wine every day - it's my motivation to exercise. I drink my exercise calories - lol
  • artcaro1972
    Options
    I have wine every day - it's my motivation to exercise. I drink my exercise calories - lol

This is actually an excellent idea! I don't eat my exercise calories... but drinking them -- or 66% of them -- is a damn good idea. :)