really want to loose it!

Options
HEY everyone. I'm new to this site and decided to try it as a motivater to lose weight. It is going to be hard because I work as a medic on oilrigs so I have to site around alot, but I do go for walks/jogs down the road everyday. lol and The roads out here are pure hills so that helps to. My friend and I are going to the Dominican in feb. and I want to tone up by then I am 157lbs right now and my goal is 140. It is goig to be hard for me. I love sugar! but hopfully keeping track of how much I am putting into my body will help me. Good Luck to everyone on here trying to do the same!!!

Replies

• krissyds
    Options
    HEY everyone. I'm new to this site and decided to try it as a motivater to lose weight. It is going to be hard because I work as a medic on oilrigs so I have to site around alot, but I do go for walks/jogs down the road everyday. lol and The roads out here are pure hills so that helps to. My friend and I are going to the Dominican in feb. and I want to tone up by then I am 157lbs right now and my goal is 140. It is goig to be hard for me. I love sugar! but hopfully keeping track of how much I am putting into my body will help me. Good Luck to everyone on here trying to do the same!!!
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    krissyds

Welcome!!

You and I have fairly similar goals. I am currently 159 and want to be 145 by end of December and then down to 140 as final goal in January. Looking at your photo, however, I think I am ancient compared to you :-)

I also do alot of hill walking - there are no flat streets within a 3 mile radius of my house. I started about a month ago and the hills that I use to huff and puff to get up now just get me barely winded. I've lost 11 pounds in 4 weeks.

I think you'll like this site - lots of useful info. I find that really keeping track of what I eat everyday helps alot.
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    you will want to do something to build muscle at the same time. check out some of the posts, there are some excellent meal plans.
  • krissyds
    Options
    I'm looking for someone with similar goals to kind of do this with.. ya know someone I have to hold myself accountable for I thought maybe that would help. is anyone up for it!?