whats the deal with protein ??

Options
Okay I am only aloud to have 55 grams of protein a day and I have come to notice that almost everything I eat has atleast one gram of protein .....so I always end up going over my 55 ...so I wanted to know if any of you know is it bad to go over your daily protein and what are some foods you can eat that do not have protein in it ?? ... Thanks :happy:

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Adjust your settings if you want to eat more protein. It won't do you any harm. Indeed, boosting proteins and trimming your carbs is likely to help you.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    its not that "that this is all that's allowed" but rather "that's the minimum you should have" - in all honesty going over your protein is definitely recommended, unless you have a medical reason that requires you to limit your protein levels.

Protein is needed for all body functions, as well as tissue and muscle repair, and building.

MFP ranges are actually on the low side if you are doing any strength or resistance training at all (which you should be)

I aim for at least 90-100 grams of protein everyday.

A general recommendation is you are doing any strength training is roughly 1 gram per pound of LEAN body weight.
  • pgpeacock
    Options
    its not that "that this is all that's allowed" but rather "that's the minimum you should have" - in all honesty going over your protein is definitely recommended, unless you have a medical reason that requires you to limit your protein levels.

Protein is needed for all body functions, as well as tissue and muscle repair, and building.

MFP ranges are actually on the low side if you are doing any strength or resistance training at all (which you should be)

I aim for at least 90-100 grams of protein everyday.

A general recommendation is you are doing any strength training is roughly 1 gram per pound of LEAN body weight.

... thanks this helps alot now i feel better !!