Does it bother you....

Options
Does it bother anyone else when they search for a food in the database, find it with a lot of confirmations, yet discover that the information is actually incorrect? I find it so annoying! I don't understand why other people confirm incorrect foods!

Replies

• koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,319 Member
    Options
    It bothers me that 'cat heads' aren't in the database, but 'booger' is.
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Yes, bugs me too. I just try to find something pretty close and if I can't, then I do an "quick add calories"...

Feel a little guilty that I've never entered *anything* much into the database unless you count adding "meals".
  • sed484
    sed484 Posts: 69
    Options
    Anyone know how to confirm foods? I would like to support correct entries!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    It might not be incorrect for them. Food manufacturers have different recipes for different regions of the country. Not to mention all the non-USA fellow MFPers. Calm down. Stop and think about others.
  • sed484
    sed484 Posts: 69
    Options
    Calm down? LOL I'm not actually upset, just find it annoying. :) And brands use different ingredients in different states for the same food? That is completely untrue, not to mention dangerous as people with food allergies that travel to another state, buy a food that is normally safe and have an allergic reaction!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I just wish people wouldn't create them as serving = "serving" or "meal" or "bowl"

Is it too much to ask to put the serving size in cups, ounces, grams or hectares?

(Hectares is a common unit for pizza consumption in my family)
  • Mom2PAK
    Mom2PAK Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I think part of the problem might be the manufactuers changing the sizes or product content which affects the nutrition label. I've seen serveral things change. I always check the label because what I hate a few months ago may have different info than now.
  • Mom2PAK
    Mom2PAK Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    *ate, not hate
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    A lot of times manufacturers change over time and even if it was accurate once it may not be right now. I always double check.