helppp with junk food, protein

Options
So I recently started this program this week, but I can't seem to stop with the junk. Although the weird part is I maintain the junk within my 1200 given calories. When I say junk I am focusing on pizza, lucky charms, chinese chicken fingers, and tacos. Is it bad that I am including junk food in my daily intake because it is not clean what so ever? It's not that I overeat in it. I eat one portion which is a lot smaller than what I would have before this diet. But basically they are still in there.
Also I can't help but be over in protein almost every day. I do not go over in anything else...in fact I tend to be quite under.. is that going to be a problem?
*all and any help welcome and appreciated! :heart:

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    So I recently started this program this week, but I can't seem to stop with the junk. Although the weird part is I maintain the junk within my 1200 given calories. When I say junk I am focusing on pizza, lucky charms, chinese chicken fingers, and tacos. Is it bad that I am including junk food in my daily intake because it is not clean what so ever?
    Also I can't help but be over in protein almost every day. I do not go over in anything else...in fact I tend to be quite under.. is that going to be a problem?

the protein isnt a problem going over...it is set low...like at 15%..you can change that to like 25 and be fine...mine is at 35 but I need it for all the exercise

EDITED BY ADMIN

gotta quit eating the junk...decide what you want to look like...clean lean ...or junk
    it really is that simple
    junk for the trunk

have fun
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Being over your protein is not a bad thing. Besides, MFP settings for protein are pretty low. You can do your own research as to how much protein you want to eat that is good for you and change your macronutrients manually.

You said you started this a week ago. It will take you a while to stop your "bad" habits and incorporate good ones. Set yourself your own personal goals, one step at a time. For instance, if you know you overindulge with pizza, then a goal would be to only have pizza once a month or every other week. If you know you go over board with sugary cereals do not buy them. If you have them in your house you will eat them, period. That works for me. Don't get discouraged. You can do it. Give yourself time but be consistent. And if you fall pick yourself up and keep going...good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So I recently started this program this week, but I can't seem to stop with the junk. Although the weird part is I maintain the junk within my 1200 given calories. When I say junk I am focusing on pizza, lucky charms, chinese chicken fingers, and tacos. Is it bad that I am including junk food in my daily intake because it is not clean what so ever?

the protein isnt a problem going over...it is set low...like at 15%..you can change that to like 25 and be fine...mine is at 35 but I need it for all the exercise

gotta quit eating the junk...decide what you want to look like...clean lean ...or junk
    it really is that simple
    junk for the trunk

have fun

he is right. All that sodium in the pizza and tacos and such will really make you retain a lot of water.
    Be careful. Eat right and you will lose.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Eating smaller portions of your "junk food" is a step in the right direction. Sometimes it is easier to adapt if you make small changes in your diet and lifestyle. Keep trying to make better food choices each day, and drink lots of water. Good luck!
  • 110Percent
    Options
    If you're personal goal is to loss weight and to keep the weight off, its best to learn to change those bad habits.

Pizza for example, not very nutritional and doesn't do much to fuel your body for exercise or daily activity. Try alternatives to pizza could be a wheat chicken wrap with lettuce and tomato.

Remember that everything must be done in moderation and that CLEAN eating is very important, the clean eating concept stems from "what is nutritional or fuel" for my body, when you add perservatives and junk to that food source the nutritional aspect of what you are eating is gone.

Also to get rid of fat you have to build muscle and to build muscle you have to fuel your body with nutrients.

I hope i'm not overwhelming you, but I just want to help you realize that JUNK is really what it spells.. JUNK!

Just remember, "if you can't figure out where your food came from, meaning the ground (earth), then it probably wasn't meant to go in your mouth"

Hope this all makes sense! Good luck with your life changes and keep working at it. It takes time to make changes and you have to start with baby steps
  • kylie541
    kylie541 Posts: 12
    Options
    In order to maintain your weightloss I would say you need to cut out junk food and keep it as an occassional treat in the long term. Otherwise you may find it hard to maintain any loss. I always go over my protein too and have still lost 3 stone.