Help with junkfood!!!

Options
Ok I need some advice. Has anyone had just really bad days at work and come home to eat junk? I feel like I eat junk food for comfort whenever I have a bad day. Does anyone else do this? What are some suggestions so I quit messing up! Please!!!!

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Ok I need some advice. Has anyone had just really bad days at work and come home to eat junk? I feel like I eat junk food for comfort whenever I have a bad day. Does anyone else do this? What are some suggestions so I quit messing up! Please!!!!

get it out of your house then you cant come home to it

why is it in the house anyway?
    junk is junk whether its for you or your kids or sister or whatever

get rid of it
    throw it out
    now
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    Options
    Start with not having junk in the house. You cannot binge on what is not there.

Next, plan your meals and snacks and prepare ahead so that you have a solution on the hectic days. it is easier to eat smart if you do not have to slave over the stove as opposed to hitting the speed dial for pizza.

Lastly, find a new and healthy outlet for stress. Whether it is exercise or just 15 minutes in the dark, or a bath, whatever it is it will do more to ease your stress than stuffing empty calories down your throat, which make you feel physically and emotionally drained.

But there are no magic words, sometimes you just have to suck it up and drive on, or go ahead and eat, just work harder in the gym later.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Yes most def! :tongue: I just posted about this topic last week haha

I have a very stressful job with horrible managers that are straight out mean.:grumble: I used to come home and just pig out on junk food:ohwell: Now, after taking some advice from our fellow MFPer's...I don't eat the junk anymore :smile:
    When I have a bad day at work and if I have extra energy, I go for a walk and take my music with me and put on angry music:tongue: lol. If I don't have any energy, I jump into my bathtub and have a long bubble bath :smile: ...and THEN I eat dinner...a healthy dinner:wink:

Take some time to relax and "cool" off BEFORE you start rummaging through the kitchen.

:flowerforyou: Good luck!

p.s. I agree with everyone else...don't buy junk...or at least don't buy a lot
  • newmex
    newmex Posts: 15
    Options
    Very well put Dave,
    I would like to suggest Fruits and Veggies. I have found that the different melons help reduce my cravings for sweets, also some meal replacements can taste a whole heck of alot like a shake if you can spruce it up with some fresh/frozen fruit. I really enjoy green berry shakeology with a cup of blue berries and a cup of non fat milk. The kellog protein bars are some what candy barish if you must.
    I do not know where you are nutrition wise but get a few solid weeks in and watch your "cravings" dwindle.

-Chris
  • jenusell
    jenusell Posts: 8
    Options
    actually, thats the funny thing. I have relatively healthy food in my house... but i have those days that all i can think of is getting a 32 fountain pop and sometimes even a candy bar! it is literally a comfort fix for me. so to answer your question, i have no junk food in my house... i just go out of my way to get it!!
  • jenusell
    jenusell Posts: 8
    Options
    thanks drew for your advice. I think thats a good idea to plan my meals ahead... your right if i have it all ready to go it will be a lot harder to go out of my way and get other food. and as far as the gym thing you suggested... i am also doing that too. i usually push myself a little harder when i know i ate crap the day before! LOL i just wanted a healthy solution so i can still eat a little to relieve stress just not unhealthy stuff. i also do try to incorporate other stress relieving activities... my job can just be REALLY stressful some days.