ANother Newbie

Options
Hi there. Just joined and am looking foreward to meeting new people and getting and giving support and motivation. Feel free to add me, please. I need all the help I can get. :)

Laura

Replies

• Firestone0904
    Options
    I'm here for you! I'm a great motivator and love to help out where I can :)

~Sarah
  • starznholes
    starznholes Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Yay, im a newbie too! Started two weeks ago...Welcome :)
  • lovingallofme
    Options
    Hey, Hey......welcome I"m also new to the gang!!!! we can encourage, motivate each other!!! much success!!
  • bcavadini
    Options
    Newbie too...just started the other day. I thought I was doing ok with my eating habits, but plugging it in really makes you aware of what is going in your body! Geez! Good Luck!
  • nailed479
    Options
    Welcome :)
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards, post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than but load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We all fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile.
  • Samnmaxsmommy
    Options
    Hey there,

I recently just joined up again. I have an 8 month old son and desperatly trying to lose the last 20 lbs....lol. I recently started insanity and must say that I LOVEEEE it. Anyone have any ideas to help stay motivated or lunch tips?
  • magzdl
    magzdl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Newbie here! As of yesterday. Trying to get and stay healthy, mother of 2 with no sitter! But I'm trying my best! Any "at home" workouts that really work?
  • 1_Slick_Chick
    1_Slick_Chick Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just started the 2nd half of my weight loss journey a couple weeks ago. Glad to have another friend to support and get support from. Anyone else, please feel free to add me too :) Really enjoying this site!
  • Firestone0904
    Options
    MagZDL: I have a whole slew of at home workout programs that really work. The one that worked for me and was the most fun and actually got me excited about working out was Turbo Fire from Beachbody. In my first round, I lost 12 lbs. and 13.75 inches overall. I loved the program and my results so much that I became a Beachbody coach. I can give you more information if you'd like. Send me a message if you're interested...
  • magzdl
    magzdl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    wow! I will definitely check it out!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal!
  • missleah26
    missleah26 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to this whole game, too! I joined a while ago and gave up not too far along. I'm not so much in it for weight loss (though that's definitely an added bonus) but more to be aware of what I'm eating and how I'm working. I just started with an awesome local gym and had a trainer put together a weight-lifting routine for me... what a difference! I feel like I know what I'm doing so I'll avoid getting injured and I love checking off each exercise every other day.

I started running last summer since I moved into a house on a perfect 5k lake loop, and I'm training for a half marathon! I hope to do my first one in May, but I'm definitely doing one in October.

Glad to "meet" you all! :)
  • ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! There is a lot of support, motivation, friendship and information on here for you... Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • KennethMadrigal
    Options
    Hello
    Newbie only for a little hopefully I like the forums here I recently got the fitbit to assist with motivation and on my first day walked over 13000 steps and was contemplating going out to walk more when ultimately decided against it due to darkness eager for tomorrow to come in order to try and beat that number
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! We can all do this together! Good luck to you!
  • southerngirl89
    southerngirl89 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!! I started two weeks ago and I love it! Feel free to add me!
  • admanMike
    admanMike Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    only a couple weeks into MFP myself. Welcome!
  • Firestone0904
    Options
    It's so great to find so many wonderful people in here! I absolutely love all the support we can find and how we can talk to others who are in the same place that we are and understand where we're coming from.
    Thanks for all the support!
  • raych82
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just joined today... Please add as friend coz I need all the help Ican get!!! I have no will power AT ALL!!! But Im determined not to be FAT and THIRTY! So I have until October to make BIG BIG changes.... :| god help me!!!!