JENNA'S 30DS NSV!!

Options
ok, so long story short...i was born with osteogenesis imperfecta, and due to that my elbow joints never really formed, and essentially they are "dislocated" at all times. it doesnt affect me too badly in everyday life, i just cannot fully flip over my hands to be "palms up" or do pullups, monkey bars, etc...

anyways!!

i am on level 2 day 5 of the 30 day shred. today, for the 1st time ever i was able to do the exercise in the beginning where you touch your toes, walk into a plank and do a push up...then come back up.

i did alllll of level 1 not being able to do a real pushup, only the modified ones...and now i can, and then some!!!! HECK YES!! i :bigsmile:

Replies

• aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    That's so fantastic! I have a tough time with those, so you should be so proud of your progress!!
  • boo333
    boo333 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    you go girl:smile:
  • peachprl
    peachprl Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm a nurse and totally understand your condition and how challenging it makes a lot of things in life. This is such a huge NSV for you!! Super proud of you! You should celebrate big, girl! Congrats :-) I'm smiling big for you!
  • loraloha74
    Options
    OMG that's awesome. I'm doing the modified pushups in the 30DS. You have given me hope. Thanks!
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I cant even touch my toes yet!
  • axnesshj
    axnesshj Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! I bet that felt so great!
  • micneg01
    micneg01 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is awesome! So proud!
  • glennam1
    glennam1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    AWESOME JENNA....whoo hoo...that is great :smile:
  • dara516
    dara516 Posts: 68
    Options
    Congrats! That's so awesome. I start level 2 tomorrow. Wish me luck, Lol
  • ValHallaGirl
    ValHallaGirl Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's so great! Wow! I'm on day four level one..I think i will try regular push-ups tomorrow! Keep it up ^.^
  • mychirona
    mychirona Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    That is incredible, and of course extremely motivating! No excuses for us :)
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That is FRICKING AWESOME!!! Congrats!! :)
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV! Way to go!!!
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Victory!

My son has a similar 'disability' - radioulnar synostosis - where he can't turn his hands palm-up, or to face him. So while it's not quite the same, I *totally* get the thrill when you're able to do something that you thought you couldn't.

Go, you!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!! Awesome! !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!