My scale is cruel.

Options
This morning I weighed myself, hoping to see atleast 1-3 pound loss, and there was a 3 pound loss! Thinking it was too good to be true, I stepped on it again and I was 3 above, same weight as usual. At the doctors today also, on their big scale, I was the same as the 3 pounds above as well :(

I was really disappointed though. I've never seen a number that low, well not recently anyway. I have no idea why it did that.

Replies

• Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    :( I don't really know what to say. Just wanted to say that it'll be alright and unfortunately it takes time....
  • CrystalBonner
    CrystalBonner Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You are so right! They are a mean little animal. LOL
  • MFENCL
    MFENCL Posts: 3
    Options
    Your weight varies throughout the day as much as 4 pounds. To accurately track your weight, make sure you weigh yourself at the same time every day. The best time is in the morning
  • ashleylynnexo
    ashleylynnexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Your weight varies throughout the day as much as 4 pounds. To accurately track your weight, make sure you weigh yourself at the same time every day. The best time is in the morning
    Yes it is always in the morning. :(
    I am going to weigh myself again tomorrow morning, and see. The only thing is, I weighed myself less than a minute after I did the first time, and got the 2 very different weights. I really think I might get a different scale or something.
  • feemailady
    feemailady Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't you just hate when you go to the doctor's office and you always weigh 2 to 3 pounds more there! I always weigh myself when I wake up in the morning after you pee and it says one thing, then you go to the Md's office later in the afternoon and it's more.... grrrrr I try not to let that bother me too much because I know what I really weigh and I have been making progress on a weekly basis.
  • ashleylynnexo
    Options
    Are home scales more accurate than the ones at the doctors? I have always wondered that.
  • ashleylynnexo
    Options
    You are so right! They are a mean little animal. LOL

they really are!
  • missbis
    missbis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Don't you just hate when you go to the doctor's office and you always weigh 2 to 3 pounds more there! I always weigh myself when I wake up in the morning after you pee and it says one thing, then you go to the Md's office later in the afternoon and it's more.... grrrrr I try not to let that bother me too much because I know what I really weigh and I have been making progress on a weekly basis.

I hate that too! I almost want to tell the doc next time: "Can you please not weigh me? I know it will say that I weigh 3lbs more here than it did this morning after I peed!" Defeats my self-confidence a little, I admit!

Good luck with your weight loss, OP. I feel you.
  • skedzie
    skedzie Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I once had a scale that required weighing myself 3 times then averaging them! LOL You might need a new scale...mine went in the garbage and I decided to spend the extra and get a good scale instead of the $14 Walmart scales. Good Luck!:)
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Keep at it - weight changes throughout the day and on different scales - try to be consistant on the time you weigh in.. (maybe first thing after you pee?) -
    it will go back down - :)
  • hermanaamber
    hermanaamber Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Oh I have a seriously bad scale. I got a new one - I love it! The old one never let me lose! When the batteries got old (which happened way too frequently) it weighed me heavy by at least a pound. Maybe that doesn't sound like much to some people but for me to gain a pound when I'm working so hard to lose, it's just not right! I got me new scales and they've been moving the right direction consistently - yay - love them!
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    In am after you pee, but before you have a BM. Dont ask why with the whole BM thing, but thats what my doc told me. My old scale was a piece of crap and would fluctuate tons depending on how you were standing on it. Is your scale a reliable digital? I got my new one at walmart for 40 and its freakin amazing.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Are home scales more accurate than the ones at the doctors? I have always wondered that.
    Nope. Its all about fluid balance.
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    my scale lied to me once and told me I had lost 7 lbs!! I was so excited! now I am the type to weigh in everyday, and it stayed that was for 3 days, then all at once the lbs were back! Really ticked me off! Stupid scales!
  • carrief_ufl
    Options
    I have been spot on and really into my exercise and I swear I have lost then gained the exact same .8 pounds at least 5 freaking times!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    The most accurate scale is the one you weigh on frequently. All scales are calibrated differently, so the one you weight on the most will be the most accurate as you know what the start weight is and know the progress from there.
  • ashleylynnexo
    Options
    I once had a scale that required weighing myself 3 times then averaging them! LOL You might need a new scale...mine went in the garbage and I decided to spend the extra and get a good scale instead of the $14 Walmart scales. Good Luck!:)

mine's a $20 dollar walmart scale ;) ooh. lol just kidding, i think i should eventually do the same!
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yes it is always in the morning. :(
    I am going to weigh myself again tomorrow morning, and see. The only thing is, I weighed myself less than a minute after I did the first time, and got the 2 very different weights. I really think I might get a different scale or something.

Yeah, you probably need a different scale. They become inaccurate over time, I think.
  • ashleylynnexo
    Options
    In am after you pee, but before you have a BM. Dont ask why with the whole BM thing, but thats what my doc told me. My old scale was a piece of crap and would fluctuate tons depending on how you were standing on it. Is your scale a reliable digital? I got my new one at walmart for 40 and its freakin amazing.

Mine is just a digital, it was only like 19.99 :(

I think I am going to get the 40 dollar one I saw, is it sunbeam? That's what the one I saw was, lol. I remember the brand cause it's the same brand as my electric heating blanket <3 haha
  • onewhodiets
    onewhodiets Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a fairly nice scale and it is always telling me different weights, when I step on it a few times within five minutes. It is very annoying and I never know what is right - I tend to think the heaviest reading is the most correct, but who knows...I have been tempted to buy another, but fear I'd just get stuck with another one that has the same problem.