Worst Day Ever

Options
So, this morning, I steered clear of my typical vitalicious muffin, egg beater omelette and a protein shake. If you look at my diary, you'll see how this screwed me over completely and oatmeal is the culprit. Now, I am ending the day with a pretty high glucose level (in comparison to my usual end) and still hungry! I also feel a little fatter today than I usually do when I look in the mirror. I kinda need some kind words of wisdom - aside from tomorrow will be a new day!

Replies

• Kdingo
    Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You are the master of your body. You know where you went wrong so you won't do it again and I'm sure you will feel better in the morning.
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Not sure I understand why you would be going to bed hungry when you have calories left to use?
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Consider it a learning experience. I took a look at you food diary and noticed how low your protien was today compared to other days. Protien is what keeps the hungriest at bay for me. Maybe that's the key for you too!
  • kmhallett
    kmhallett Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing the past 2 days. Your right everyone tells you tomorrow is a new day. It is but if you have a guilty concious when you go to bed you might feel the same in the morning. Do some exercise right now. Do 100 crunches before bed and you will wake up not feeling so guilty and ready to tackle the day. That's my plan at least:)
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you are blaming the oatmeal.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    ^^ What she said.
  • ams2264
    Options
    Everyone makes mistakes - the only people who never fail are those who never even try.

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    You've eaten under your allotted calories every day this week. If you are hungry, then eat something. You can afford to.
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    First, you have to change your mindset. To say living is the worst day ever is a bit extreme and will get you no where in this lifestyle change. As a psychologist, I cannot speak enough about how your thoughts contribute to everything that you do and feel in life. Changing your mindset can significantly change your outcome.

Secondly, you might feel awful (and hungry) because you are significantly undereating. Your NET calories most days are 800ish and that is far less than what your body needs to sustain you just to sleep. You did something different today and it reminded your body that it still needs fuel. You can't keep this kind of restricting up too long, it will take it's toll on your body.

Please be careful and try to NET (that's the calories consumed-exercise number that MFP gives you) to at least 1200.
  • Lozze
    Options
    I just had to come back and repost.

You day was not bad. It was damn good. You didn't even hit your calories. So how was it 'worst day ever'? If you'd eaten three full pizzas, garlic bread and then a tub of ice cream I could understand it. But you ate FINE. If this is how you're reacting to not eating the same thing every day how will you react when you truly have a bad day?
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options
    I just had to come back and repost.

You day was not bad. It was damn good. You didn't even hit your calories. So how was it 'worst day ever'? If you'd eaten three full pizzas, garlic bread and then a tub of ice cream I could understand it. But you ate FINE. If this is how you're reacting to not eating the same thing every day how will you react when you truly have a bad day?

You are right. It is just frustrating, I am more concerned about the blood sugar level that I ended with than I am with the whole "weight loss" component.
  • Lozze
    Options
    You are right. It is just frustrating, I am more concerned about the blood sugar level that I ended with than I am with the whole "weight loss" component.

Are you diabetic?
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options

Are you diabetic?

Yup!
  • walterld
    Options
    every day is a new day for me. I try to eat right 75% of the time. I know I have to eat this way for the rest of my life if i want to keep it off so i allow myself to have screw up days. It slows down the progress but keeps me going for the long haul.
  • Lozze
    Options
    That makes slightly more sense then :) I still don't think it's worst day ever but if the food you've eaten has not agreed with you because of a medical issue than I think it's a different kettle of fish.

I still think you should eat. You have the calories. You don't need to go hungry.
  • goddesselln
    Options
    The oatmeal is a GOOD choice. It's great fiber (and I love oatmeal). Don't beat yourself up. Walk a little to bring you blood sugar down. Exercise is good for diabetics. Pay really close attention to your carbs and you will come out on the winning side in the long run. Good luck.
  • KoriS
    KoriS Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What was your sugar? More importantly, what/when was your last HgbA1C??
  • avk9802
    avk9802 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You're going to have multiple set backs. The important thing is that you just keep going.
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    every day is a new day for me. I try to eat right 75% of the time. I know I have to eat this way for the rest of my life if i want to keep it off so i allow myself to have screw up days. It slows down the progress but keeps me going for the long haul.

This, exactly.

But it makes sense that you would be frustrated re: your glucose levels. What made you steer clear of your usual breakfast?
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    im confused - your diary looks very clean - and a great day?!