Worst Day Ever

Options
2»

Replies

• LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options
    I wanted to see how old fashioned oats would do. I thought if I switched it up, my body might not feel like the same ol' same ol'. It has been a month since my last A1C which was 11% but my recent blood sugars, since I started exercising have been between 70-120. I ended today with a 145. Also, I ended up eating a granola thin again and a cheese slice. I think that might do the trick.
  • blissmanifesto
    Options
    I agree with you: one puny little serving of oatmeal is just not good enough. Also, it's got hardly any protein. For the same calories you could have a whole scrambled egg. Actually, considering how little you ate today, you could have had 2 or even 3 eggs and been stuffed with delicious protein for half the day. The other thing I noticed is that today you ate two servings of those Nature's Valley Granola Thins in the afternoon/evening. I'm betting that those bad boys played a role in your high glucose number. That stuff is not at all satisfying, considering the metabolic cost. If you skipped those things, you could instead have an apple and a banana or an orange, or about 1/3 c. of mixed nuts, or 2 strips of bacon (LOL), or an italian sausage link, or a Fage yogurt. Get my drift?

Also, the psychologist who posted earlier is right. Keep your eye on the sunny side! Tomorrow is another day and another chance to be good to yourself.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest some nuts and a bit of exercise - assuming that exercise lowers your BG level.

Pam (not a doctor)
  • LPS1986
    LPS1986 Posts: 104
    Options
    I agree with you: one puny little serving of oatmeal is just not good enough. Also, it's got hardly any protein. For the same calories you could have a whole scrambled egg. Actually, considering how little you ate today, you could have had 2 or even 3 eggs and been stuffed with delicious protein for half the day. The other thing I noticed is that today you ate two servings of those Nature's Valley Granola Thins in the afternoon/evening. I'm betting that those bad boys played a role in your high glucose number. That stuff is not at all satisfying, considering the metabolic cost. If you skipped those things, you could instead have an apple and a banana or an orange, or about 1/3 c. of mixed nuts, or 2 strips of bacon (LOL), or an italian sausage link, or a Fage yogurt. Get my drift?

Also, the psychologist who posted earlier is right. Keep your eye on the sunny side! Tomorrow is another day and another chance to be good to yourself.

I am sticking to my usual egg beaters from now on. Oatmeal might be good for a pre-workout, if nothing else!