crappy day

Options
Ugh, today kind of sucked. I had a healthy dinner planned and a bike ride, but I had a terrible headache when I got home. My dad's girlfriend who is a nurse sounded kind of alarmed by the description of my headache and suggested I go to the doctor or ER.

I decided to wait it out, and take a nap instead of my bike ride. I probably would have gone, in retrospect the bike ride probably would have made me feel better, but she had me scared that I would pass out and crash or something, lol. I guess just hearing fear from a medical professional made me more nervous than I ordinarily would have been.

When I got up from my nap my head still hurt, I tried to make dinner but my kitchen reeked of onions from last night's dinner, and I couldn't stand to be in there, so the boyfriend and I went out to eat.

I thought I ate pretty healthfully, but it turns out I went over by like 500 calories....I knew the coke would be bad calorie wise, but I suspected the caffeine would help my headache, which it did immensely.

So, went over by a lot, didn't exercise....but my headache is gone, whew! But yesterday I had 200 some calories leftover, and the day before 100 some....so I think I'll be ok. We'll see tomorrow morning for weigh in!

Replies

• czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    I get bad headache days too, you are not alone. Don't be hard on yourself, it happens. Tomorrow morning, sniff a flower in your garden and be grateful you got another day! None of us are alone here! Be healthy, be happy and feel better.:flowerforyou:
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just started eating healthier the since the 1st of this month and I too have noticed I've been getting more headaches. I'm assuming it is some sort of a withdrawal from all the sugar/fat in my diet. I am not a soda drinker, but I definitely have been trying to make sure I'm getting enough water. I have been doing so well and then tonight was craving something and ate some potato chips. Hate that, but climb back on the wagon tomorrow

p.s. I can't get my ticker to show up to save my soul - what am I doing wrong??:sad:
  • stirling
    stirling Posts: 11
    Options
    hey there don't forget that as you loose weight your body is releasing some toxins which could create headaches, so the water is good to wash away the toxins that are now leaching out of your body,
    So in a way yeaaa for for the headaches
  • vicente44
    vicente44 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Th e headaches are probably from the caffeine and sugar withdrawl if you are regular soda drinker. Just ease off the cokes or try going caffeine free then diet to help your body with the withdrawles. Just remeber dont get down there is always tommorrow!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Th e headaches are probably from the caffeine and sugar withdrawl if you are regular soda drinker. Just ease off the cokes or try going caffeine free then diet to help your body with the withdrawles. Just remeber dont get down there is always tommorrow!!

No actually I've been off pop for about a year now, just drinking it now and again. My headaches are weird, very sporadic. I'll get one everyday for a week, then nothing for weeks or months. I wish there was a pattern, but alas, my head keeps me on my toes. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Regarding you headaches, if you are logging EVERYTHING you eat, that could be the key. You might have a food allergy that manifests itself by giving you a headache. If you have been logging food for a while, take a look at what you ate within 24 -48 hours of getting a headache. Maybe that will be the key.

For example, some people have a sensitivity to sulfites, which are found in wine, and the result is a headache. This is a long shot, there could be some other cause that has nothing to do with allergies or food, but I thought I would mention it
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Regarding you headaches, if you are logging EVERYTHING you eat, that could be the key. You might have a food allergy that manifests itself by giving you a headache. If you have been logging food for a while, take a look at what you ate within 24 -48 hours of getting a headache. Maybe that will be the key.

For example, some people have a sensitivity to sulfites, which are found in wine, and the result is a headache. This is a long shot, there could be some other cause that has nothing to do with allergies or food, but I thought I would mention it

That's a good idea! I started a headache journal the other day to note differences like, wore hair in ponytail, had glasses instead of contacts.....so checking my food journal would be a good idea too. Thanks!