This is always why I give up!

Options
13»

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    if you don't stay the course, you'll never get there.

try to focus on the health benefits you are reaping aside from weight loss. if you give up, your story is over. best of luck to you.
  • JuliesJourney
    JuliesJourney Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Another very helpful thread. MFP members are awesome.
  • greenblood55252
    Options
    Ive also made my Diary open to the public

Keep in mind I suffer with a bulging disc L5S1....and take a narcotic medication sparingly and very periodically to help with the pain.....so my physical activity is still rather low....but I also realize that if I want that couple extra shots of rum......to stay within my numbers I HAVE TO DO SOME CARDIO......its a good motivation for me as I love my Rum.....lol
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, stop looking at this as a way to lose weight and start looking at it as a way to be healthier. That's what gets me through the tough times. Regardless of the scale, eating better and exercising will bring more energy and, hopefully, keep you from some of the common illnesses folks who are out of shape develop over the years.

Next, take your measurements. You may not be perceiving changes, but they may be there already.

And, it really does take a couple of weeks for your body to realize this is for real.
  • fetchfury
    fetchfury Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been eating super healthy and exercising really hard for about 2 and a half weeks, and NOTHING. I never seem to loose weight,
    and I always just give up at this point cause i feel like my body doesn't want me to do it!
    Anyone else have this problem?
    Typical "New Year Resolution Attitude" - get real!
    Keep punching until Summer, then let's talk over your results.

Let's see where you are in August of 2012.
    Seriously, you neglected your health all year, then you expect what?

If you're serious about your health, quick crying the blues and just stay the course for 3 months before sniveling about your results.

This attitude is just so standard of those who rush in first week of January but are gone by Mid-Feb. You "always fail" - NOT because of poor results but that your attitude is that of a failure. Be a WINNER!

Set your goals, stay motivated no matter what and push through no matter what. Few can do this - can you?
    You can, but will you or do you want to be fat all your days? That's not living but merely existing, and you, me, all of us were not meant for that.

BUCK UP!

Haha, your definitely right. thanks! x
  • muffyjog
    Options
    So wait, you're eating more healthy, you're exercising better....and you think the most important part is to lose weight? What horrible thing would happen if you simply kept doing what you're doing?!

I realize that being thin is all the rage but what happened to the idea of simply being healthier?
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    So wait, you're eating more healthy, you're exercising better....and you think the most important part is to lose weight? What horrible thing would happen if you simply kept doing what you're doing?!

I realize that being thin is all the rage but what happened to the idea of simply being healthier?
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    Opps, ment to say. I love this!! It really in the end is all about being healthy. Sure I'd like to look amazing in my jeans, but more important I want to FEEL great in my life. Love this board!
  • katinthehat444
    katinthehat444 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I think I need to read this every day! Thanks for the reminder.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    It takes time.. It didn't come on overnight and it won't go off overnight. I used to have the same issue but discovered if I stuck with it, my body eventually cooperated.
  • CourteneyLove
    CourteneyLove Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just because your not losing Pounds, doesn't mean your not losing inches and/or getting fit in the process. Don't get so hung up on the scale number it doesn't always reflect what is actually going on, I have went weeks stuck at a certain number on the scale but lost inches during that time. I had a span just a few months back I went 9 weeks and only lost 6 lbs. but I got the most compliments about how much I changed (slimmer, healthier, toned up, etc) which was really weird after all the weight I have lost to be hearing that but I started taking a closer look and I could see what they was talking about... Just stay positive and take it one day at a time, keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will get to where you want to be...... Good luck and Stay Strong!!

THIS!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain your weight in a month. You're not going to lose it in a month. There is no magic formula for weight loss. It takes time. It's a lifestyle change not a temporary patch.
  • deedee301
    Options
    Dont give up. More than likely you have lost inches!!! Your clothes will feel better and you will look better. The scale is discouraging. Upside: You can only lose so many inches before that darn scale HAS to move!!!