UnWelcome Visitor

Options
:explode: I have been doing so well.....but today I went over on my calories....by 232:sad:
I have this theory that when a woman's "unwelcome visitor" comes ever month that she cannot really controll what she craves and therefore has an issue with eating very healthy during that time. WHat do you think????

Replies

• OliveBranch
    OliveBranch Posts: 104
    Options
    Gosh, that is nothing!!!
    I've been over by more many times.
    This is about a lifestyle change...
    You want to do what is sustainable, including allowing yourself to have days that aren't "perfect."
    It's really easy to beat yourself up about these things...we all do.
    You're doing great!
    Take a few 15 min walks tomorrow and you'll be just fine.
    Rest easy,
    -OB:flowerforyou:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I think your brain is trying to deceive you into believing that you are not in control of what you put in your mouth.

There can be cravings, to be sure, that seem to pop up only at certain times, but if you set the expectation in your mind that it is a forgone conclusion that you will eat the wrong thing just because it is time for your monthly cycle,:noway: it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The part of your mind that likes the instant gratification provided by unhealthy choices is trying to take over and ensure that it will be satisfied, :devil: but at the expense of the part of your mind that wants very much to see you eating healthier and ultimately reaching your goal.

Don't give in to the temptation and in the long run, you will be happier.

This is not to say that you can't have something "forbidden"--just plan for it. In the last 7 weeks, I have lost 16 lbs. I have also eaten birthday cake with ice cream, :heart: drank beer, :drinker: ate corn on the cob, and ribs, as well as deep fried halibut, and enjoyed a loaded baked potato.

During this same period, I have walked regularly, anywhere between 2 - 4 miles per day during the week, and one weekend in the space of two days I did almost 13 miles. As a result, I could "afford" to have some things I wouldn't ordinarliy have.

Good luck to you
  • OliveBranch
    OliveBranch Posts: 104
    Options
    P.S. that "unwelcome visitor" always gets me too...cravings like mad!!!
    It's okay.
  • kristinareid
    Options
    THat sounds so logical and I thank you for refreshing my mind on who is in control:happy:
    I wan this....I really do! And I know I can do it....I am in a house with several people teasing and laughing at me while I am doing this. I'm told that I am starving myself and its not going to work or I won't last. :huh: BUt as they laugh now...I believe I will have the last laugh:laugh:
    Tak! (Means Thank you in Danish)
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's part mental, part emotional and physical. I usually crave more food right before my "visitor" like my body needs more energy to gear up for the thing. I fight it, but will allow larger portion size. The chocolate thing holds true and I crave it more then than other times of the month. However, going out of control and eating everything is more of a mental decision than a physical one. So I agree, but disagree to some extent.
    It would be an interesting study though.
  • rkmmd
    rkmmd Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I started this site Wednesday and I was 2 days into my visitor. I had cravings like mad and at one point felt really sick and dizzy, and needed to eat something extra. This usually dosen't affect me untill I get my monthly. It must be the hormones.....Ohh I have also gained 4 lbs. from my cycle...uggg!
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    The cravings sometimes kill me but I tend to always give in. I guess it would be different if I was cravings deep fried stuff and donuts and other junk but all I want is chocolate.
    I also hate the dreaded water gain.too. I don't usually get cramps so the only way I know its coming in the next day or 2 is if the scale goes up like 5 lbs out of no where.
  • coll33n
    coll33n Posts: 7
    Options
    Well, l don't know about "can't control it", but it sure is a bugger! Don't look at the calories of yesterday--look at the weight you've already removed from your life! Way to go, girl! You WILL succeed! Keep going strong!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    :smile: yeahhhh.... when that unwelcome visitor comes, i'm always over by a heck of a lot more than 200 calories. don't sweat it. just look at the progress you've made and don't let minor set-backs get you down!