New Kid on the block with lots of poundages to lose!

Options
Hi guys and gals,

My name is Verna and Im 35. I stepped on the scale the other day like a foolio to just get depressed :mad: .....but do something about it! I want to lose at least 125 lbs, yes I know thats a lot, but I think I can I think I can I think I can!!! :laugh:
I just started eating better on MONDAY the 16th and exercising a little each day.

I have 3 kids ages 17, 10 and 9 and I wanna be around for them for a long time! I am also married to the love of my life, Mike, 43, who has always loved me no matter what size I am.

I was always the bigger kid growing up and then I lost a buttload of weight before my freshman year of High School....it really saddened me to see how the kids treated me better when I was thinner, and like crap when I fat so I've always looked at people for whats inside and not on the outside :flowerforyou:

I live in Kansas at the moment but will be relocating to the Seattle, Washington area in summer...I am looking forward to dropping some weight so I can enjoy the outdoor activities WA has to offer without being winded.

If you'd like to be friends, add me! Looking forward to getting healthier with all of you!
Verna

Replies

• phoenixheat
    Options
    Welcome, Verna. I'm pretty new the website myself, and would love to support you on your journey. I'll add you! Best Wishes!
  • dealluver
    dealluver Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Friends to support you, no matter how much you want to lose, always helps! Add me!
  • BlarginWazadoo
    Options
    Awesome Verna! I've been off and on myfitnesspal several times over the last year and will be more than happy to support you on your fitness and health adventure!
  • nnolan89
    Options
    Hi Verna! I am new to this website too! GO YOU for wanting to get in shape. I do as well (obviously..that's why i'm here lol.) Good Luck!
    -Nina
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome.... and you can do this!
  • sweethero
    Options
    Welcome! I'm starting over on my weight loss adventure. I was on this site before and the supprt here is amazing.
  • myfriendamy
    myfriendamy Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    welcome! I started 6 months ago and I've lost 58 pounds so far! I have another 100 to go (or thereabouts)... and I know I will!

I'm 36 and a mom, too :) feel free to friend me if you'd like! I know I couldn't have done this without the support I've found here.